- Volume 12 Issue 5 Serial No. 48
An Experimental Study of the Fatigue Specimen for the Typical Structural Details of the Steel Bridge
강교량의 표준적 구조상세에 대한 실험적 연구
- 정영화 (강원대학교 토목공학과) ;
- 조재병 (경기대학교 건설공학부) ;
- 배두병 (국민대학교 토목환경공학부) ;
- 정경섭 (충북대학교 구조시스템공학과) ;
- 우상익 (한국원자력연구소 하나로운영팀)
- Received : 1999.10.13
- Published : 2000.10.27
This paper presents the results of the experimental and analytical investigation for the fatigue strength of welded details frequently used in steel bridges, especially for the details with relatively lower fatigue strength. The welded details included four kinds of welded details corresponding to the categories C, D, E and E' which represent the flange attachment details, web attachment details, transverse stiffeners and cover-plate details. Tensile fatigue tests were performed. The test results were compared with other available test results and the fatigue criteria of AASHTO, JSSC and Eurocode specifications. Generally, our test results were well agreed with other test results and satisfied with above-mentioned fatigue design provisions. However, it was found that transversely loaded weld-details showed lower fatigue strength than longitudinally loaded weld-details in transverse stiffener detail, and the test results of those details were not satisfied with AASHTO fatigue provisions. Examining the effect of length of gusset plate attachment details, welded details with longer attachment showed relatively lower fatigue strength, especially for the out-of-plane gusset plate details. It is recommended to perform additional fatigue tests with various loading and detail parameters and to establish the more detailed fatigue categories such as Eurocode or JSSC
Grant : 강교량 구조상세의 피로실험
Supported by : 포항산업과학연구원
- AASHTO LRFD BRIDGE DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS
- Report on the comparison of classification tables in existing national codes for fatigue in Europe and statistical evaluation of large and small scale specimen test data, Eurocode No.3, Design of Steel Structures, Part I-General Rules and Rules for Buildings, Backround Documentation, Chapter 9, Document 9.02
- 構造物の的疲勞設計指針.同解說 日本鋼構造協會
- 도로교 표준시방서 건설교통부
- Evaluation of Fatigue Tests and Design Criteria on Welded Details, CHRP Report. No. 286 Keating, P.B.;Fisher, J.W.
- Effect of Weldments on the Fatigue Strength of Steel Beams, NCHRP Report. No. 102 Fisher, J.W.;Frank, K.H.;Hirt, M.A.;McNamee, B.M.
- 十字すみ肉溶接繼手の疲勞强度 に及ぼす板厚の影響;日本鋼構造協會, 第112回講演槪要集 成本ほか
- 溶接構造用鋼の母材と基本的溶接繼手の疲勞强度特性とその影響因子;JSSC 疲勞設計指針.資料編.第l章 征矢
- 土木學會構造工學論文集 v.33A 前面隅肉溶接繼手の疲勞强度に對する繼手寸法の影響 三木;森;阪本;柏木
- 강교량 구조상세의 피로강도 실험 장동일;정영화;정경섭;조재병;배두병
- 5th Pacific Structrual Steel Conference An Experimental Study of the Fatigue Specimen for the typical Structural Details of the Steel Bridge Woo, S.I.;Chung, Y.W.;Jung, K.S.;Jo, J.B.;Bae, D.B.
- Fatigue Behavior of Gusset Plates Subjected to out-of-plane Distortions Woo, S.I.