- Volume 12 Issue 1 Serial No. 44
Substructuring-based hierarchical approach for design analysis and optimization of structural frames is presented in this study. The conceptual framework of this method is in the hierarchical modeling for design processes as well as structural systems and the methodology combining substructuring analysis and multilevel optimization. Mathematical models for analysis and synthesis are established on the common basis of substructuring systems. Modularized behavioral analysis, design sensitivity analysis and optimization are linked and integrated on the mathematical and structural basis of substructuring. Substructures are coordinated with the active constraints for system level and the weight ratio criteria. Numerical examples for test frames show the validity and effectiveness of the present approach.
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- Computer & Structures v.7 An efficient method for optimal structural design by substructuring Arora, J.S.,;Govil, A.K.
- Journal of the Structural Mechanics. Proceeding of the ASCE v.12 no.2 An Improved Computational Approach for Multilevel Optimum Design Haftka, R.T.
- Applied Optimal Design Haug, E.J.;Arora, J.S.
- Optimality Criterion Techniques Applied ti Frames Having Nonlinear Cross-Sectional Properties, AIAA 81-0552 Khan, M.R.
- ASCE, Journal of The Structural Division v.98 no.ST1 Optimum Design by Partitioning into Substructures Kirsch, U.;Reiss, M.;Shamir, U.
- Theory of matrix structural analysis Przemieniecki, J.S.
- Proceeding of AIAA/ ASME/ ASCE/ AHS 25th Structures. Structural Dynamics, and Material Conference A Multilevel Method for Structural Synthesis, AIAA Paper No. 84-05853 -CP Schmit, L.A.;Chang, K.J.
- A LinearDecomposition Method for Large Optimization Problems-Blueprint for development, NASA TM-83248 Sobieszczanski-Sobieski, J.;Haftka, R.T.
- 34th AIAA Aerospace Science Meeting and Exhibt Multidisciplinary Aerospace Design Optimization Survey of Recent Developments;AlAA Paper No. 96-0711 Sobieszczanski-Sobieski, J.;Haftka, R.T.
- AIAA Journal v.28 no.2 Sequential Linearization Method for Multilevel Optimization Vanderplaats, G.N.;Yang, Y.J.;Kim, D.S.