- Volume 12 Issue 5 Serial No. 48
Multi-Level Optimization of Framed Structures Using Automatic Differentiation
자동미분을 이용한 뼈대구조의 다단계 최적설계
- Received : 2000.06.21
- Published : 2000.10.27
An improved multi-level (IML) optimization algorithm using automatic differentiation (AD) of framed structures is proposed in this paper. For the efficiency of the proposed algorithm, multi-level optimization techniques using a decomposition method that separates both system-level and element-level optimizations, that utilizes and an artificial constraint deletion technique, are incorporated in the algorithm. And also to save the numerical efforts, an efficient reanalysis technique through approximated structural responses such as moments and frequencies with respect to intermediate variables is proposed in the paper. Sensitivity analysis of dynamic structural response is executed by AD that is a powerful technique for computing complex or implicit derivatives accurately and efficiently with minimal human effort. The efficiency and robustness of the IML algorithm, compared with a plain multi-level (PML) algorithm, is successfully demonstrated in the numerical examples.
Supported by : BK21
- Computational differentiation-techniques, tools, and applications Berz. M.;Bischof, C.;Corliss. G.;Griewank, A.(eds.)
- Scientific Programming v.1 no.1 ADIFOR-generating derivative codes from FORTRAN 77 programs Bichof, C.;Carle, A.;Corliss, G.;Griewank, A.;Hovland, P.
- IEEE Computational Sci. & Engrg. v.3 no.3 The ADIFOR2.0 system for the automatic defferentiation of FORTRAN 77 programs Bischof, C.;Carle, A.;Khademi, P.;Mauer, A.
- ADIC-an extensible automatic differentiation tool for ANSI-C, Preprint ANL/MCS-P626-1196 Bischof, C.;Roh. L.;Mauer, A.
- Engineering Structures v.21 Multiobjective and Multilevel Optimization for Steel Frames Li, Gang (et al.)
- AIAA Journal v.31 no.7 Multiobjective Optimization of Large-Scale Structures Grandhi, R.V.;Bharatram, Geetha
- On automatic differentiation, Mathematical programming: recent developments and applications Griewank, A.;Norwell, A.L.(ed.)
- Automatic differentiation of algorithms thoery. implementation, and application Griewank. A.;Corliss, G.F.(eds.)
- ACM Trans. on Mathematical Software v.22 no.2 ADOL-C: a package for the automatic differentiation of algorithms written in C/C++ Griewank. A.;Juedes, D.;Utke, J.
- Journal of structural Mechanics v.12 An Improved Computational Approach for Multilevel Optimization Design Hafkta, R.T.
- ASCE Journal of the Structural Division v.101 no.ST4 Multilevel Approach to Optimum structural Design Kirsch, U.
- Tellus v.45a no.4 Automatic differentiation in ODYSSEE Roasting, N.;Dalmas, S.;Galligo, A.
- AIAA Journal v.8 no.5 Derivatives of Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors Rogers, L.C.
- AIAA Journal v.30 no.3 Multiobjective Shape and Material Optimization of Composite Structure Including Damping Saravanos, D.A.;Chamis, C.C.
- ADOL-F: Automatic differentiation of FORTRAN codes, Computational differentiation-techniques, tools, and applications Shiriaev, D.;Griewank, A.
- AIAA Journal v.23 Structural Optimization by Multilevel Decomposition Sobieszczanski-Sobieski, J.;James, B.B.;Dovi, A.R.
- AIAA/ AS ME/ASCE/AHS 26th Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference Alternative Approximation Concepts for Space Frame Synthesis Lust, R.V.;Schmit, L.A.