- Volume 12 Issue 5 Serial No. 48
This paper describes new analytical modeling for steel moment connections with welded straight haunch. Among a variety of new details for seismic steel moment connections proposed after the 1994 Northridge and the 1995 Hyogo-Ken Nanbu earthquake, one viable solution was to strengthen the connection by adding a triangular haunch on the bottom side of the beam. However, a simpler design has been called for because of the increased labor associated with fitting the triangular haunch. Adding a straight haunch is one alternative. But a mathematical model that forms the design basis is not available. A simplified analytical model that considers the force interaction and deformation compatibility between the beam and haunch is developed in this study. The proposed modeling predicted quite reasonably the interaction forces at the beam-haunch interface and the flexural stresses in the beam and haunch flange groove welds.
Supported by : 학술진흥재단
- SAP2000 analysis reference Vol. I
- Testing of repair concepts for damaged steel moment connections, SAC 96-01 Shuey. B.D.;Engelhardt. M.D.;Sabol. T.A.
- Static cyclic testing of pre-Northridge and haunch repaired steel moment connections, SAC 96-01 Uang, C.M.;Bondad, D.
- ABAQUS users manual. Vols. I and II
- Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE v.126 no.1 Seismic rehabilitation design of steel moment connection with welded haunch Yu, Q.S.;Uang, C.M.;Gross, J.
- Modification of existing welded steel moment frame connections for seismic resistance;Steel Design Guide Series 12 Gross, J.L.;Engelhardt, M.D.;Uang, C.M.;Kasai, K.;Iwankiw, N.R.
- Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE v.123 no.1 Analytical modeling of dual panel zone In haunch repaired steel MRFs Lee, C.H.;Uang, C.M.
- Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE v.126 no.1 Cyclic testing of steel moment connections rehabilitated with RBS or welded haunch Uang, C.M.;Yu, Q.S.;Noel, S.;Gross, J.