- Volume 12 Issue 4 Serial No. 47
An accurate method is presented for vibrations of rhombic plates having three different combinations of clamped, simply supported, and free edge conditions. A specific feature here is that the analysis explicitly considers the moment singularities that occur in the two opposite corners having obtuse angles of the rhombic plates. Stationary conditions of single-field Lagrangian functional are derived using the Ritz method. Convergence studies of frequencies show that the corner functions accelerate the convergence rate of solutions. In this paper, accurate frequencies and normalized contours of the vibratory transverse displacement are presented for highly skewed rhombic plates, so that a significant effect of corner stress singularities nay be understood.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Asternautics Journal v.7 Natural Frequencies and Modes of Clamped Skew Plates Durvasula, S.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.62 Vibration of Skew Plates Using B-spline Functions Mizusawa, T.;Kajita, T.;Naruoka, M.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.139 Application of two-dimensional Orthogonal Plate Function to Flexural Vibrations of Skew Plates Liew, K.M.;Lam, K.Y.
- Journal of Acoustical Society of America v.44 Fundamental Frequency of Vibration of Rhombic Plates Laura, P.A.;Grosson, J.
- Proceedings of the first U.S. National Congress of Applied Mechanics Surface stress singularities resulting from various boundary conditions in angular corners of plates under bending Williams, M.L.
- International Journal of Mechanical Sciences v.41 no.1 The Influence of Corner Stress Singularities on the Vibration Characteristics of Rhombic Plates with Combinations of Simply Supported and Free Edges McGee, O.G.;Kim, J.W.;Leissa, A.W.
- Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea v.11 no.4 Accurate Vibration of Rhombic Plates with Various Combinations of Edge Conditions Considering Corner Stress Singularities Kim, J.W.;Han, B.H.
- Journal of Applied Mechanics v.60 Vibration of sectorial plates having corner stress singularities Leissa, A.W.;McGee, O.G.;Huang, C.S.
- Introduction to Matrix Computation Stewart, G.W.
- Introduction to Numerical Analysis Stoer, J.;Bulirsh, R.
- Numerical Recipes-the Art of Scientific Computing Press, W.H.;Flannery, B.P.;Teukolsky, S.A.;Vetterling, W.T.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.31 The free vibration of rectangular plates Leissa, A.W.