- Volume 11 Issue 4
We have constructed laser Doppler velocimetry system using self-mixing effect with a semiconductor laser. This technology is based on the frequency mixing phenomena which occurs when light scattered back from the moving object into the laser cavity interferes with light inside the laser. We have compared the value of Doppler shifted frequency with the velocity variation of the wheel. Frequency dependence on the angle between the moving direction of rotating aluminum wheel and the incident beam also have been proved. As an illustration of the performance of the velocimeter, velocity measurements of a rotating disk are described. Doppler signal shows a good linear relationship with velocity of rotating disk.
- Appl. Opt. v.25 Shinohara, S.;Mochizuki, A.;Yoshida, H.;Sumi, M.
- IEEE J. Quantum Electron v.QE-17 Lang, R.;Kobayashi, K.
- US PATENT, 08.689 Choi, jong Woon;Kim, Young Pyung;Kim, Youn Myung
- Appl. Opt. v.14 Tanaka, T.;Benedek, G. B
- Opt. Comm. v.30 Smith, A. L. S.;Moffatt, S.
- Appl. Opt. v.27 Jentink, H. W.;de Mul, F. F. M.;Suiches, H. E.;Aarnoudse, J. G.;Greve, J.