- Volume 28 Issue 1
The transformation of Bacillus subtilis K-54 and J-10 was carried out with constructed vectors containing structure and enhancer genes of aprN and prtR, to increase their fibrinolytic enzyme activity. Bands for the aprN and prtR genes were identified from B. subtilis J-10 by PCR that was carried out with the constructed primers for the genes. In addition, the gene fragments contained promoter site based on the results of analysing their nucleotide sequence. The two gene fragments, aprN and prtR, obtained by the PCR, were, then, inserted to vector such as T-vector and E.coli/Bacillus shuttle vector. The constructed vector were designated as pAPR2 (aprN), pENC2 (prtR) and pFLA1 (aprN and prtR), respectively. The constructed vector was used for transformation of the strains of B.subtilis J-10 and B. subtilis K-54 and the fribrinolytic activity of the transformed strains was investigated. The introduction of the vector, pAPR2 and the fibrinolytic activity of the transformed strains was investigated. The introduction of the vector, pAPR2 and pFLA1, resulted in the increase of fibrinolyitic enzyme activity in B. subtilis J-10 by 27.3% and 16%, respectively. However, the introduction of pENC2 to B. subtilis J-10 did not seem to induce increase of the enzyme activity. The strain of B.subtilis K-54 transformed with pENC2 showed an increased fibrinolytic activity by 5 folds compared with that of the original strain of B. subtilis K-54.
- Bacteriol. Rev. v.41 Extracelullar enzyme synthesis in the genus Bacillus Priest, F. G.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.26 Purification and characterization of fibrinolytic enzyme excreted by Bacillus subtilis K-54 isolated from Chung Guk Jang Yoo, C. K.;W. S. Seo;C. S. Lee;S. M. Kang
- Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual Maniatis, T.;E. F. Fritsch;J. Sambrook
- J. Bacteriol. v.110 Extracellular alkaline amylase from a Bacillus species Boyer, H. W.;M. B. Ingle
- J. Bacteriol. v.119 no.1 Regulation of neutral protease productivity in Bacillus subtilis: Transformation of high protease productivity Uehara, H.;Y. Yuko;K. Yamane;B. Maruo
- J. Bacteriol. v.170 Gene encoding a minor extracellular protease in B. subtilis Sloma, A.;A. Ally;D. Allay;J. Pero
- J. Bacteriol. v.172 Gene encoding a novel extracellular metalloprotease in B. subtilis Sloma, A.;C. F. Rudolph;G. A. Rufo;B. J. Sullivan;K. A. Theriault;J. Pero
- J. Bacteriol. v.166 no.1 Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of a DNA fragment B. natto that enhances production of Extracellular proteases and Levansucrase in Bacillus subtilis Nagami, Y.;T. Tanaka
- J. Appl. Microbiol. v.83 Improved translational efficiency of subtilisin YaB gen with different initiation codon in B. subtilis and alkalophilic Bacillus YaB Yen C. M.;H. K. Change;H. M. Hsieh;K. Yoda;M. Yamasaki;Y. C. Tsai
- J. Bacteriol. v.173 Cloning and expression of a novel protease gene encoding an extracellular neutral protease from B. subtilis Tran, L.;X. C. Wu;S. L. Chen
- Proc. Asian Symp. Non-salted soybean Fermentation The manufacture of natto-tradition and modern Kato, E.
- Nucleic. Acids Res. v.20 Improved method for high effiency transformation of intact yeast cells Gietz, D.;A. S. Hean;R. A. Wood;R. H. Schiesel
- J. Bacteriol. v.107 Protease activities during the course of sporulation in Bacillus subtilis Prestidge, L.;V. Gage;Spizizen, J.
- Nature v.170 Preparation of crystals containing the plakalbumin-forming enzyme from B. subtilis Guntelberg, A. V.;M. Ottesen
- Crit. Rev. Microbiol. v.22 no.2 Alkaline-fermented foods: A review with emphasis on pedan fermentation Wang, J.;D. Y. Fung
- Acta Haematol. v.70 Activation of plasma fibrolysis after intrarectal administration of high molecular weight urokinase and its derivative Sumi, H.;M. Maruyama;T. Yoneta;H. Mihara
- Curr. Microbiol. v.31 Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of the 90K serine protease gene, hspK, from Bacillus subtilis(natto) No.16 Yamagata, Y.;R. Abe;Y. Fujita;E. Ichishima
- J. Bacteriol. v.172 Bacillopeptidase F of B. subtilis: Purification of protein and cloning of the gene Sloma, A.;A. Rufo;K. A. Theriault;M. Dwyer;J. Pero
- J. Biol. Chem. v.240 A Bacillus subtilis proteinase. Ⅰ. Production, purification and characterization of a proteinase from a thermostable strain of B. subtilis Rappaport, H. P.;W. S. Riggsby;D. A. Holden
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA v.44 Transformation of biochemically defecient strains of Bacillus subtilis by deoxyribonucleate Spizizen, J.
- Biochem. Biophy. Res. Commun. v.197 no.3 Purification and characterization of a strong fibrinolytic enzyme (nattokinase) in the vegetable cheese natto, a populay soybean fermented food in Japan Fujita, M.;K. Nomura;K. Hong;Y. Ito;A. Asada;S. Nishimuro
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA v.74 DNA seque-ncing with chain-terminating inhibitors Sanger, F.;S. Nicklen;A. R. Coulson
- Mol. Gen. Genet. v.221 Multiple active forms of a novel serine protease from B. subtilis Bruckner, R.;O. Shoseyov;R. H. Doi