- Volume 29 Issue 1
In order to investigate the appropriate processing season and the production of high value-added products in ark shell(Scapharca subcrenata) cultured at the south coast of Korea, the foot muscle, mantle, and adductor muscle were analyzed for moisture, protein, fat, ash, and glycogen using specimens collected bimonthly from December 1994 to December 1995. The contents of moisture in foot muscle and mantle increased in spring season, however their proteins decreased in same season. Glycogen and fat in foot muscle, mantle, and adductor muscle were most abundant in June, just before the spawning season, but all the cmponsnts dwindled during spawning season. The other hand, the contents of ash in tissues were almost the same level through the year. Thus, the contents of moisture, protein, fat, and glycogen were almost the same level through the year. Thus, the contents of moisture, protein, aft, and glycogen were fluctuated by season. Especially, they showed a marked seasonal variation at before and after sparning season. So, a major cause of seasonal variation in S. subcrenata would be connected with a period of reproduction and spawning season.
- Bull. Japan Soc. Sci. Fish. v.37 Distribution of nitrogenous constituents in the extracts of aquatic animals Konosu, S.
- Chemistry and biochemistry of marine food products Konosu,S.;Yamaguchi,K.;Martin, R.E.;Flicke.G.J.;Hebard,C.E.;Ward,D.R.(eds.)
- Proceeding of the international sympisium on engineered seafood including surimi Konosu, S.Yamaguchi, K.;Martin, R.E.;Collette, R.L.(eds.)
- Marine Utilization Chemistry Konosu, S.;Hashimoto,K.
- Lipid v.205 Fish sausage Toyomizu,M.
- J. Food Hyg. Soc. Japan v.20 Muscle components of wild and cultured yellowtail Saeki,K.;Kumagai,H.
- Bull. Japan Soc. Sci. Fish. v.43 Quality of wild and cultured ayu - I.On the proximate composition , free amino acids and related compounds Suyama,M.;Hirano,T.;Okada, N.;Shibuya,T.
- Bull. Japan Soc. Sci. Fish. v.24 Chemical studies on red muscle of fishes - VI Amino acid composition of tuna myoglobin. Konosu, S.;Hashimoto, K.;Matsuura,F.
- Reports of the Fisheries Laboratory Kochi University v.3 Main components in dark muscle in comparison with ordinary muscle of fish Obatake, A.;Ide,H.;Iwaki, M.;Shimizu,Y.
- Chonnam Province : Statistical data of fishery production section
- J.Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.28 Studies on the appropriate processing season of ark shell (Scapharca subcrenata) Park, C.K.
- J.Korean Soc.Food Nutr. v.28 Seasonal variation of proximate composition in edible portion of ark shell (Scapharca subcrenata) Park. C.K.
- Biochem. J. v.23 An application of the method of Hagedon Jensen to the determination of large quantities of reducing sugars Hanes,C.K.
- In Echiurida Marine biology Heo, H.T.;Kim. J.M.;Hong, J.S.;Kang, Y.J.;Son, C.H.;Lee, J.K.