- Volume 29 Issue 1
This study was designed to verify the efficacy of garlic extracts for protecting the infecton of influenza and Japanese B encephalitis virus. Influenza virus (AO/PR8 strain) and Japanese B encephalitis virus (JaGAr O1 strain) were used to attack mouse through nasal route and each vaccines were injected subcutaneously. 0.002 and 0.2 mL/day of garlic extracts were orally administered to mice. The blood and serum samples were taken from the mice to measure LD50, Defense Index (DI), virus-neutralizing antibody for comparing virus influence inhibiting activities. Defense indices of the male and female mice were not significantly different at every experiment. Vaccination effectively inhibited the influence of influenza virus and 0.002 mL/day garlic extract (0.55
- J. AMA v.211 The proteins in nasal secretion Rossen, R.D.;Butler, W.T.;Waldman, R.H.;Alford, R.H.
- J. Immunol. v.100 Antibody response in respiratory secretions of volunteers given live and dead influenza virus Mann, J.J.;Waldman, R.H.;Togo, Y.;Heiner, G.G.;Dawkins, A.T.;Kasel, J.A.
- Japan J. Antibiot. v.84 The characteristics of the antibacterial activity of garlic Uchida, Y.;Takehaski, T.;Sata, N.
- Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. v.11 Evaluation of the in vitro antifungal activity of allicin Yamata, Y.;Azuma, K.
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.28 Antibacterical activity of garlic extract against Escherichia coli. Kim, Y.S.;Park, K.S.;Kyung, K.H.;Shim, S.T.;Kim, H.K.
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.29 Physiological activity of alliin and ethanol extract from Korean garlic (Allium sativum L.) Lim, S.W.;Kim, T.H.
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Nutr. v.23 Anticarcinogenic effect of garlic juice on hamster buccal pouch Baik, J.E.;Chun, H.J.;Kim, E.S.
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Nutr. v.19 Effect of fresh garlic extract on the tumor cell growth and immunopotentiating activity Hwang, W.I.;Lee, S.D.;Son, H.S.;Baik, N.G.;Ji, R.H.
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Nutr. v.23 Effect of garlic (Allium satiivum. L) on glutathione Stransferase activity and the level of glutathione in the mouse liver Kim, S.H.;Park, K.Y.;Suh, M.J.;Chung, H.Y.
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Nutr. v.20 Effect of garlic on the digestion of beef protein during storage Moon, J.H.;Ryu, H.S.;Lee, K.H.
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Nutr. v.24 Effect of garlic intake on the antifatigue and fatigue recovery during prolonged exercise Baek, Y.H.
- J. Kor. Home Economics Association v.24 Studies on antioxidative action of garlic components isolated from garlic (Allium sativum. L). Part 1. Effects of garlic components on electron donating ability and inhibitory effect of lipoperoxide formation Chun, H.J.;Lee, S.W.
- J. Kor. Home Economics Association v.24 Studies on antioxidative action of garlic components isolated from garlic (Allium sativum. L). Part Ⅱ Effects of components on peroxidase and superoxide dismutase activity Chun, H.J.;Lee, S.W.
- J. Kor. Home Economics Association v.24 Studies on antioxidative action of garlic components isolated from garlic (Allium sativum. L). Part Ⅲ. Effects of water soluble fractions from steamed garlic on inhibition of lipoperoxide formation Chun, H.J.;Lee, S.W.
- Microbiology-a laboratory manual (2nd ed.) Cultivation and enumeration of bacteriophages Cappuccino, J.G.;Sherman, N.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.265 Selective inhibition of integrin function by antibodies specific for ligand-occupied receptor conformers Frelinger Ⅲ, A.L.;Cohen, I.;Plow, E.F.;Smith, M.A.;Roberts, J.;Lam, S.C.T.;Ginsberg, M.H.
- Korean J. Nutr. v.30 Study on food intake and food consumption pattern of adults as a part of total diet study Kye, S.H.;Ha, M.J.;Lee, H.S.;Yun, J.S.;Kim, C.I.
- Australian J. Exptl. Biol. Med. Sci. v.29 Studies in experimental immunology of influenza-Ⅷ. Pathotopic adjuvants Fazekas de St. Groth, S.;Donnelley, M.;Graham, D.M.