- Volume 29 Issue 1
Chemoprevention Effect of Polyozellus multiplex, a Wild and Edible Mushroom
야생식용버섯인 까치버섯(Polyozellus multiplex)의 암예방 효과
- Kim, Hyun-Jeong (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Keimyung University) ;
- Han, Jung (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Keimyung University) ;
- Yang, Eui-Joo (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, Kap-Rang (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Yeungnam University) ;
- Lee, In-Seon (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Keimyung University)
- 김현정 (계명대학교 식품가공학과) ;
- 한정 (계명대학교 식품가공학과) ;
- 양의주 (계명대학교 식품가공학과) ;
- 이갑랑 (영남대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 이인선 (계명대학교 식품가공학과)
- Published : 2000.02.01
Methanol extract and its fractions of Polyozellus multiplex inhibited the growth of several tumor cell lines and its water fraction showed a higher cytotoxicity effect on the human gastric carcinoma cell, SNU668 than on the other cell lines. The glutathione S-transferase (GSH) content was decreased by MNNG treatment but increased by adding Polyozellus multiplex water fractions. Also the activities of GSH and superoxide dismutase were increased by more the treatment of Polyozellus multiplex water fractions than by N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine (MNNG) alone. Polyzellus multiplex water fraction cased significant reduction in the proliferating cell unclear antigen (PCNA) labelling index in the glandular stomach epithelium as compared with the value of MNNG alone.
- Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. v.3 Chemopreventive drug development : perspectives and progress Kelloff, G.J.;Boone, C.W.;Crowell, J.A.
- Prev. Med. v.24 Chemoprevention of cancer Wattenberg, L.W.
- Nutr. Cancer v.18 Fruit, vegetables, and cancer prevention : review of the epidemiological evidence Blcok. G.;Patterson, B.;Subar, A.
- J. Korea Soc. Food Mutr. v.24 Studies on the polysaccharide extracted from Ganorderma lucidum Kim, S.W.;Kim, E.S.;Kim, Y.S.
- Kor. J. Phamacology v.16 Studies on inorganic composition and immunopoteriating activity of Ganooderma lucidum in Korea (XLVI) Shin, H.W.;Kim, H.W.;Choi, E.C.;Toh, S.H.;Kim, B.K.
- Kor. J. Mycol. v.16 Studies on constituents of higher fungi of Korea (LXVⅡ); comparison of various antitumor components of Coriolus versicolor Cho, H.J.;Shim, M.J.;Choi, E.C.;See, Y.N.;Kim, B.K.
- Illustrated book of Koreann medicinal mushrooms Park,W.H.;Lee, H.D.
- Studies on the chemocal structure and biological activities of a novel lipid peroxidation inhibitor from Polyozellus multiplex Hwang, J.S.
- J. Immunol. Methods v.208 Optimization of the sulforhodamine B colorimetric assay Papazisis, K.T.;Geromichalos, G.D.;Dimitriadis, K.A.;Kortasris, A.H.
- J. Food Hyg. Safety v.11 Molecular-based sensitivity of human leukemia cell line U937 to antineoplastic activity in a traditional medicinal plants(Selaginella tamariscina) Lee, I.S.;Park, S.H.;Lee, I.J.
- Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics v.82 Tissue sulfhydryl group Ellman, G.L.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.249 Glutathione S-transferase : The first enzymatic step in mercaputric anid formation Habig, W.H.;Pabist, M.J.;Jakoby, W.B.
- Eur. J. Biochem. v.47 Involvement of the superoxide anion radical into oxidation of pyrogallol and a convenient assay for superoxide dismutase Marklund, S.;Marklund, C.T.
- J. Biological Chemistry v.193 Protein measurement with folin phenol reagent Lowry, O.H.;Rosebrough, J.;Farr, A.L.;Randall, R.L.
- Cnacer Letters v.144 Effects of Selaginella tamariscina on in vitro tumor cell growth, p53 expression, G1 arrest and in vivo gastric cell proliferation Nishikawa, A.;Lee, I.S.;Furukawa, F.;Kasahara, K.;Kim, S.U.
- KSM News Letter v.7 Detection of new functional biological activity sustance from mushrooms Yoo, I.D.
- Arch. Pharm. Res. v.2 Studies on the constituents of higher fungi of Korea(X X IV). Antineoplastic activities of Corious versicolor(Lex Fr) Qule. Pleurotus ostreatus(Fr.) Kummer and Lentinus edodes(Berk) Sing Kim, B.K.;Choi, E.C.;Kim, B.K.
- J. Kor. Biochem. v.14 Studies on antitumor components of Korean Basidiomycetes. Mycelial culture and antitumor components of Ganoderma lucidum Kang, C.Y.;Shim, M.J.;Choi, E.C.;Lee, U.N.;Kim, B.K.
- J. Natl. Cancer Inst. v.44 Sequential morphological chances in MNNG carcinogenesis in the glandular stomach of rats Saito, T.;Sasaki, D.;Tamada, R.;Imamatasu, H.;Inokuchi, K.
- J. Lab. Clin. Med. v.98 The effect of oxidant injury on the lymphocyte membrane and function Kraut, E.H.;Sagone, A.L.
- Chem. Biol. Interact. v.59 Metal-induced DNA damage and repair in human diploid fibroblasts and Chinese hamster ovary cells Hamilton Koch, W.;Snyder, R.D.;Lavelle, J.M.
- Yakhak Hoeji v.36 Age-associated alteration in the gepatic superoxide generation and antioxidant activities in the senescence-accelerated mice Chung, H.Y.;Kim, Y.K.
- J. Nutr. v.126 Alteration of glutathione and antioxidant ststus with exercise in unfed and refed rats Leeuwenburgh, C.;Ji, L.L.
- Cancer Res. v.44 Change in molecular forms of rat hepatic glutathione S-transferase during chemical hepatocarcinogenesis Kitahara, A.;Saton, K.;Nishimura, K.;Ishikawa, T.;Ruike, K.;Sato, K.;Tsuda, H.;Ito, N.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.28 Effects on Artemisia iwayomogi extracts on antioxidant enzymes in rats administered benzo(a)pyrene Nam, S.M.;Kim, J.G.;Ham, S.S.;Kim, S.J.;Chung, M.E.;Chung, C.K.
- Nature v.326 Functional identity of proliferating cell nuclear antigen and a DNA polimerase auxiliary protein Prelich, G.;Tan, C.;Kostura, M.
- Int. J. Cancer v.31 Production of a mouse monoclonal antibody reactive with a nuclear antigen associated with cell proliferation Gerds, J.;Schwab, U.;Lemke, H.;Stein, H.