- Volume 8 Issue 6
In this study, static axial crush tests were performed with the new aluminum/GFRP hybrid tube. Glass/Epoxy prepregs were wrapped around an aluminum tube and co-cured. The failure of the hybrid tube was stable and progressive without trigger mechanism, and specific energy absorption was increased to the maximum of 33% in comparison with the aluminum tube. Effective energy absorption is possible for an inner aluminum tube because a wrapped composite tube constrains the deflection of an aluminum tube. The failure of a hybrid composite tube was stable without trigger mechanism because the inner aluminum tube could play the role of the crack initiator and controller. Mean crushing load could be calculated by modifying the plastic hinge collapse model for hybrid materials. The predicted results by this analytical model showed good agreement with the experimental results. It can be said that Aluminum/Glass-Epoxy hybrid tube is suitable for the vehicle front structure because this hybrid tube shows effective energy absorption, easy production, and simple application capability for RTM process.
- 한국자동차공학회 논문집 v.1 no.3 섬유강화 복합재료 Box tube의 동적 충격에너지 흡수 거동 강수춘;전완주
- J. Composite Materials v.13 Energy Absorption in composite structures Thornton, P.H.
- Int. J. impact Engineering v.7 no.2 Crash energy management in composite automotive structures Thornton, P.H.;Jeryan, R.A.
- Composite Stuctures v.37 Crashworthy capability of composite material structures Mamalis, A.G.;Manolakos, D.E.
- Composite v.27 Axial resistance and energy absorption of externally reinforced metal tubes Hanefi, E. H.;Wierzbicki, T.
- Proceedings-Society of Automotive Engineers Automotive Industry in Expanding Countries Influence of composite reinforcement on failure modes of steel tubes Wang, X.G.;Bloch, J.A.;Cesary, D.
- Structural Impact Jones, N.
- Int. J. Impact Engineering v.11 no.2 Axial plastic collapse of thin bi-material tubes as energy dissipating systems Mamalis, A.G.
- J. of Applied Mechanics v.50 On the crushing mechanics of thin-walled structures Wierzbicki, T.;Abramowicz, W.
- Int. J. Impact Engineering v.1 no.3 The effective crushing distance in axially compressed thin-walled metal columns Abramowicz, W.
- Int. J. Impact Engineering v.2 no.2 Dynamic axial crushing of square tubes Abramowicz, W.;Jones, N.
- 연세대학교 박사학위논문 박판 4각튜브의 압괴 메커니즘 해석 임채홍