- Volume 12 Issue 6
The usage of nondestructive testing on early-aged concrete leads to enhacned safty and allows effective scheduling of construction, thus making it possible to maximize the time and cost efficiencies. In this study, a reliable nondestructive strength evaluation method for early-aged concrete using the longitudinal wave velocity is proposed. Compression tests were performed to examine factors influencing the velocity-strength relationship of concrete, such as water-cement (w/c) ratio, fine aggregate ratio, curing temperature, and curing condition. The test results show that a change in the w/c ratio and curing temperature has minor effect on the velocity-strength relationship/ However, curing condition significantly influences the velocity-strength relationship of early-aged concrete. Moreover, the longitudinal wave velocity increases with decreasing fine aggregate ratio. It is concluded from this study that the strength evaluation of early-age concrete can be achieved by a nonlinear equation which considers the effects of curing condition and fine aggregate ratio.
nondestructive teat;impact-resonance test;compressive strength;early-aged concrete;curing;fine aggregate ratio
- Properties of Concrete(4th edition) pp.631-632 Neville, A. M.
- Proceedings, Fourth Far East Conference on NDT pp.433-442 Application of Advanced One-Sided Stress Wave Velocity Measurement in Concrete Lee, J .H.;Song, W. J.;Popovics, J. S.;Achenbachm, J. D.
- 비파괴검사학회지 v.19 no.2 pp.259-269 수분함유량이 콘크리트의 종파 속도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구 이희근;이광명;김지상;김동수
- ACi Materials Journal v.85 no.4 pp.389-399 Setting Time and Strength of Concrete Using the Impact-Echo Method Pessiki, S. P.;Carino, N. J.
- 구조물진단학회지 v.3 no.3 pp.157-165 재령을 고려한 콘크리트의 비파괴 강도 평가 김영진;이상민;최홍식
- ACI Materials Journal v.93 no.3 pp.260-271 Nondestructive Evaluation of Early-Age Concrete Strength in Plate Structures by the Impact-Echo Method Pessiki,S.;Johnson, M.R.
- 콘크리트학회 학술발표회 v.10 no.2 pp.725-730 콘크리트의 P파속도에 영향을 주는 인자에 관한 연구 이광명;이희근;김동수;김지상
- Impact-Echo pp.51 Sansalone, M.;Streett, W. B.
- In-Situ/Nondestructive Testing of Concrete pp.201-227 Pulse Velocity as a Measure of Concrete Compressive Strength Sturrup, V. R.;Vecchio, F. J.;Caratin, H.Malhotra, V. M.(ed.)