- Volume 24 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effect of Nozzle on Leak-Before-Break Analysis Result of Nuclear Piping
노즐이 원자력 배관의 파단전누설 해석 결과에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Yeong-Jin (Dept.of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Heo, Nam-Su (Dept.of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Gwak, Dong-Ok (Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology) ;
- Yu, Yeong-Jun (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Pyo, Chang-Ryul
- Published : 2000.11.01
For traditional Leak-Before-Break(LBB) analyses, symmetric conditions were assumed for a pipe-nozzle interface to simplify the analysis in calculating J-integral. However. this assumption could result in an overly conservative design criteria for a pipe-nozzle interface, Since the pipe-nozzle interface is asymmetric due to the difference of stiffness between pipe and nozzle, it is required to develop a new methodology considering the nozzle effect. The objective of this paper is to evaluate the effect of nozzle no the development of LBB design criteria for nuclear pipings. For this purpose, extensive finite element analysis were performed to evaluate the effect of nozzle on Crack Opening Area(COA), Detectable Leakage Crack(DLC) length and J-integral values. In conclusion, it was proven that the application of LBB concept could be extended for more nuclear piping system by considering the nozzle.
- 1984, 'Evaluation of Potential for Pipe Break,' NUREG 1061, Vol. 3, USNRC
- 1987, 'Leak Before Break Evaluation Procedure,' SRP 3.6.3, USNRC.
- Nana, A.D. and Yoon, K.K., 1994, 'Leak-Before-Break Allowable Load Windows Approach,' ASME Conference, PVP-Vol. 287, pp. 35-41
- Fabi, R.J. and Peck, D.A., 1994, 'Leak Before Break Piping Evaluation Diagram,' ASME Conference, PVP-Vol. 283, pp. 111-115
- Swamy, S.A., Mandava, P.R., Bhowmick, D.C. and Prager, D.E., 1996, 'LBB Considerations for A New Plant Design,' NEA-CSNI/R(95) 18, Vol. 1, pp. 199-205
- Yu, Y.J., Kim, Y.J. and Park, S.H., 1993, 'Evaluation of Large Leakage Crack Effect on the Distribution of Loads in a Small Diameter Pipe,' SMiRT-I2, G05/4, pp. 75-79
- Lee, J.B. and Choi, Y.H., 1999, 'Application of LBB to High Energy Pipings of a Pressurized Water Reactor in Korea,' Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 190, pp. 191-195 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(98)00310-0
- 허남수, 이철형, 김영진, 석창성, 표창률, 1999, '원전배관의 LBB 적용을 위한 간략 설계기법 개발,' 한국산업안전학회지, 제14권, 제2호, pp. 32-41
- 허남수, 김영진, 표창률, 유영준, 양준석, 1999, '차세대 원전배관의 LBB 적용을 위한 수정배관평가선도의 개발,' 대한기계학회논문집 A권, 제23권, 제5호, pp. 763-771
- 1993, 'Final Safety Analysis Report (YGN 3/4),' KOPEC, Technical Report
- 1999, 'ABAQUS User's manual,' Hibbitt, Karlson & Sorensen, Inc.
- Norris, D.M. and Chexal, B., 1987, 'PICEP : Pipe Crack Evaluation Program,' EPRI NP 3596-SR
- Kim, Y.J., Lee, Y.Z., Huh, N.S., Pyo, C.R. and Yang, J.S., 1999, 'Development of Modified Piping Evaluation Diagram for Leak-Before-Break Application to Korean Next Generation Reactor,' Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 191, pp. 135-145 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(99)00136-3