- Volume 32 Issue 5
Alkaline Sizing of Mechanical Pulp
- Kim, Bong-Yong (Department of Wood Science and Technology, College of Agriculture, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Akira Isogai (Department of Biomaterial Science, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Science, The University of Tokyo)
- Published : 2000.12.01
Alkaline Sizing behavior and mechanism of handsheets, which were prepared from thermomechanical pulp (TMP) with alkylketene dimer (AKD), were studied in terms of the conditions of the handsheet-making. AKD content in the TMP handsheets was increased with increasing of AKD addition level and the addition of a polyamideamine-epichlorohydrin resin (PAE) clearly enhanced AKD retention as well as the resultant sizing performance of TMP handsheets. Although drying of the AKD sized TMP webs at
- Nordic Pupl Paper Res. J. v.1 no.1 Lindstrom, T.;Soderberg
- Tappi J. v.68 no.4 Roberts, J.C.;Carner, N.
- Tappi J. v.70 no.4 Odberg, L.;Lindstr m, T.;Liedberg, B.;Gustavsson, J.
- Tappi J. v.77 no.4 Bottorf, K. J.
- Nordic Pulp Paper Res. J. v.7 no.4 Isogai, A.;Taniguchi, R.;Onabe, F.;Usuda, M.
- The Fundamentals of Papermaking Materials v.2 Isogai, A.
- Proceedings of 52th Appita Annual Meeting v.1 Iosgai, A.
- Japan Tappi J. v.52 no.12 Isogai, A.
- J. Pupl Paper Sci. v.25 no.7 Isogai, A.
- Tappi Test Method, T 205 om-88
- JIS Method P 8122
- Tappi J. v.77 no.3 Ishida, Y.;Ohtani, H.;Tsuge, S.;Yano, T.
- Pulp Paper Sci. v.23 no.6 Isogai, A.
- J. Wood Sci. v.44 no.5 Kato, M.;Isogai, A.;Onabe, F.
- J. Wood Sci. v.45 no.2 Ohno, K.;Isogai, A.;Onabe, F.
- Das Papier v.35 no.11 Weigl, J.