- Volume 7 Issue 3
In this paper, we reviewed thirteen methods for finding confidence intervals for he mean of poisson distribution. Bootstrap confidence intervals are also introduced. Two bootstrap confidence intervals are compared with the other existing eleven confidence intervals by using Monte Carlo simulation with respect to the average coverage probability of Woodroofe and Jhun (1989).
- The American Statistician v.52 Approximate is Better than "Exact" for Interval Estimation of Binomial Proportions Agresti, A.;Coull, B.
- Statistics in Medicine v.12 Confidence Intervals for a Binomial Proportions Vollset, S.E.
- Statistics Probability Letters v.7 Singh's theorem in the lattice case Woodroofe, M.;Jhun, M.
- Statistics in Medicine v.17 Interval Estimation for the Difference Between Independent Proportions : Comparison of Eleven Methods Newcombe, R.G.
- Canadian Journal of Statistics v.17 Refining Poisson Confidence Intervals Casella, G.;Robert, C.
- Journal of American Statistical Association v.22 Probable inference, the law of succession, and statistical inference Wilson, E.B.
- Biometrical Journal v.7 Confidence Intervals for the Mean of a Poisson Distribution : A Review Sahai, H.;Khurshid, A
- The annals of Statistics v.7 Bootstrap Method : Another Look at the Jackknife Efron, B.
- The American Statistician v.46 Comparison of Exact, Mid-p and Mantal-Haenszel Confidence Intervals for the Common Odds Ratio Across Several 2×12 Contingency Tables Mehta, C.R.;Walsh, S.J.
- The Annals of Statistics v.9 On the asymptotic accuracy of Efron's bootstrap Singh, K.