- Volume 24 Issue 6
In this paper, an experimental study is carried out under the operating conditions of low speed and rapid acceleration in order to investigate and improve the response characteristics of a turbocharged diesel engine with radial turbine driven by exhaust gas. A rapid acceleration for investigating the response performance is applied to the fuel-pump rack of the engine from 0-10% to 0-40% in steps of 10%, and accelerating time of 1, 2 and 3 seconds is applied to the engine. Further experiment for improving the low speed torque and acceleration performance is also performed by means of injecting air into the inlet manifold at compressor exit during the period of low speed and application of a rapid acceleration. The effects of air injection on the response performance are represented at subjected engine speed with the changes of response performance factors such as air injection pressure, air injection period, accelerating rate, accelerating time and load. From the experimental results obtained throughout this study, it is shown that air injection into the inlet manifold at compressor exit is closely related to the improvement of low speed and acceleration performance of a turbocharged diesel engine.
- Effect of Turbocharging on Diesel Engine Noise Emissions and Performance Anderton, D;Duggle, V. K.
- Turbocharging the Internal Combustion Engine Watson, N.;Janota, M. S.
- Proceedings of Turbocharging and Turbochargers, C34/82, I. Mech. E. London, England Computerized Simulation of the Acceleration Characteristics of an Exhaust Gas Turbocharged Automotive Diesel Engine Gimmel, H.;Holzt, H. P.;Weimann, H. J.
- Optimum Control of Variable Geometry Turbine in Automotive Turbocharger Diesel Engines Acton, O.;Capobianco, M.;Zamboni, G.;Gambarotta, A.
- Proceeding of Turbocharging and Turbochargers, C36/82, I. Mech. E., London, England Variable Area Radial-Inflow Turbine Flaxington, D.;Szczupak, D. T.
- The Optimized Design of the Exhaust Brake of the Automotive Diesel Engine Akiba, K.;Ohatani, M.;Yashiki, H.
- Proceeding of Turbocharging and Turbochargers, C65/78, I. Mech. E., London, England Engine and Turbocharger Interaction with Multi-Entry Pulse Converters Watson, N.
- Development of an Advanced Ceramic Turbine Wheel for an Air Turbine Stater Poplawsky, C. J.;Lindbreg, L.;Robb, S.;Roundy, J.
- Proceedings of Turbocharging and Turbochargers, C41/82, I. Mech. E., London, England Power Transfer to Improve Transient Response of a Turbocharged Diesel Engine Holzhauseen, G. H.;Alfano, D. L.
- Effect of Various Methods for Improving Vehicle Startability and Transient Response of Turbocharged Diesel Trucks Matsura, Y.;Nakazawa, N.;Kobayashi, Y.;Ogita, H.;Kawatani, T.
- Improvement of a Turbocharged and Intercooled Diesel Engine Powered Vehicle's Startability by Means of a Three Wheel Turbocharger(TWT) Maulice, S.;Lee, K.;Watanabe, S.;Nagakura, H.;Shiratsuchi, M.;Sugihara, H.;Ienaga, M.
- Improvement in Transient Performance of a Turbocharged Diesel Engine by Air Injection into the Compressor Leder, J. D.;Benson, R. S.;Furukawa, H.
- 대한기계학회 논문집 v.19 no.3 압축기 출구에 공기분사가 터보과급디젤기관의 성능특성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구 최낙정;이창식