- Volume 10 Issue 2
Based on the preliminary results from the therm analysis, which is currently carrying, three-dimensional computer simulations using a finite element code, ABAQUS Ver. 5.8, were designed to determine the mechanically stable cavern and deposition hole spacing. Linear elastic modeling for the cases with different cavern and deposition hole spacing were carried out under three different in situ stress conditions. From the simulations, the response of the rock to the stress redistribution after the excavation of the openings could be investigated. Also the optimum cavern and deposition hole spacing could be estimated based on the factor of safety. When the in situ stress determined from the actual stress measurements in Korea were used, the case with cavern spacing of 40m and deposition hole spacing of 3m was in very stable condition, because the factor of safety was calculated as 3.42., When the in situ stress conditions for Sweden and Canada were used, the previous case, they seem to be in stable condition, since the factors of safety are still higher than 1.0. From these results, it was concluded that the rock will not fail even after the stress redistribution.
- Fundamentals of Rock Mechanics(third edition) Jaeger, J.C.;Cook, N.G.W.
- Review and Comments-KAERI's Concept Study for Spent Fuel Disposal, submitted by SKB to KAERI under contract of 1997-10-01
- 터널과 지하공간 v.1 no.1 심도에 따를 암반내 초기응력의 변화와 그 경향성 임한옥;이정인
- 응용암석역학 이희근;양형식
- AECL-10715, COG-93-5 The Disposal of Canada's Nuclear Fuel waste: Engineering for a disposal Facility, AECL, Research.Whiteshell Laboratories Simmons, G.R.;Baumgartner, P.
- Ontario Hydro Report NWESDN-03788-940014 Three-dimensional Thermal and Thermo-mechanical Analyses for the Near-filed of a Disposal Vault with the Borehole Emplacement Option Tsui, K.K.;Tsai, A.
- Int.J.Rock Mech. Min.Sci.& Geomech. Abstr. v.24 Stress Assumptions for Underground Excavations in the Canadian Shield Herget, G.
- Underground Excavations in Rock Hoek, E.;Brown, E.T.
- ABAQUS/Standard User's Manual Volume I,II,III (verson 5.8) Hibbitt
- Phil. Trans. roy.Soc. London v.A221 The Phenomena of Rupture and Flow in Solids Griffith, A.A.
- The Theory of Rupture, Proceed. 1st Int.cong. Applied Mech. Delft Griffith, A.A.
- Engineering Classification of Jointed rock Masses, Trans.S.Afr. Inst.civ.eng. v.15 Bieniawski, Z.T.
- Rock Mech. rock Eng. v.6 no.4 Engineering classification of Rock Masses for the Design of Tunnil Support Barton, N.;Lien, R.;Lunde, J.