- Volume 24 Issue 8 Serial No. 179
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Hydraulic Excitation Forces Using Transfer Function and Operational Measured Data for the Centrifugal Pump
전달함수와 진동응답 측정에 의한 원심펌프에서의 유체력 특성에 관한 연구
- Published : 2000.08.01
Operating excitation forces of the linear vibratory system are normally determined by direct measurement techniques using load cells, strain gauges, etc. But, hydraulic forces of the rotating turbomachinery such as centrifugal pumps are exerted on an impeller due to asymmety of the flow by the interaction between pump impeller and volute. So, investigations of wide range of hydraulic designs and geometric deviations are difficult by direct method. This paper presents a hybrid approach for fourier transformed operational excitation forces, which uses pseudo-inverse matrix of the transfer matrix for the system and the measured vibrational data with standard installed pump. The determination of the transfer function matrix is based on a linear rotor/stationary system and steady state harmonic response in finite element analysis. And, vibrational data is collected in both vertical and horizontal directions at inboard and outboard bearing housings. The results of the process may be enhanced by making acceleration measurements at many more locations than there are forces to be determined.
Hydraulic Force;Double Suction Centrifugal Pump;Transfer Function;Pseudo-Inverse Matrix;FRF;Finite Element Analysis
- Fabunmi, J. A., 1986, 'Effects of Structural Modes on Vibratory Force Determination by the Pseudoinverse Technique,' AIAA Journal, Vol. 24, pp. 504-509
- Ewins, D. J., 1986, 'Modal Testing : Theory and Practice,' Research Studies Press LTD.
- Verhoeven, J., 1988, 'Excitation Force Identification of Rotating Machines using Operational Rotor/Stator Amplitude Data and Analytical Synthesized Transfer Functions,' Journal of Vibration, Acoustics, Stress, and Reliability in Design, Vol. 110, pp. 307-314
- Jery, B., Brennen, C. E., Caughey, T. K. and Acosta, A., 1985, 'Forces on Centrifugal Pump Impellers,' Proceedings of the Second International Pump Symposium, pp. 21-29
- Brennen, C. E., 1994, 'Hydrodynamics of Pumps,' Concepts, ETI, Inc. and Oxford University Press
- Adkins, D. R. and Brennen, C. E., 1988, 'Analysis of Hydrodynamic Radial Forces on Centrifugal Pump Impellers,' Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 110, pp. 20-28
- Tsujimoto, Y., Acosta, A. J., 1988, 'Theoretical Study of Fluid Forces on a Centrifugal Impeller Rotating and Whirling in a Volute,' Journal of Vibration, Acoustics, Stress, and Reliability in Design, Vol. 110, pp. 263-269
- Han, S. B., 1995, 'Estimation of Excitation Forces from Measured Response Data,' 대한기계학회논문집, 제19권 제1호, pp. 45-60
- Stepanoff, A. J., 1957, 'Centrifugal and Axial Flow Pumps,' John Willy & Sons, INC.