- Volume 24 Issue 8 Serial No. 179
DOI QR Code
Development of a Three Dimensional Elastic Plastic Analysis System for the Integrity Evaluation of Nuclear Power Plant Components
원자력발전소 주요기기의 건전성 평가를 위한 3차원 탄소성 해석 시스템의 개발
- Published : 2000.08.01
In order to evaluate the integrity of nuclear power plant components, the analysis based on fracture mechanics is crucial. For this purpose, finite element method is popularly used to obtain J-integral. However, it is time consuming to design the finite element model of a cracked structure. Also, the J-integral should be verified by alternative methods since it may differ depending on the calculation method. The objective of this paper is to develop a three-dimensional elastic-plastic J-integral analysis system which is named as EPAS program. The EPAS program consists of an automatic mesh generator for a through-wall crack and a surface crack, a solver based on ABAQUS program, and a J-integral calculation program which provides DI (Domain Integral) and EDI (Equivalent Domain Integral) based J-integral calculation. Using the EPAS program, an optimized finite element model for a cracked structure can be generated and corresponding J-integral can be obtained subsequently.
Domain Integral;Equivalent Domain Integral;EPFM;J-integral;LBB;LEFM
- Nikishkov, G.P. and Atluri, S.N., 1987, 'An Equivalent Domain Integral Method for Computing Crack-Tip Integral Parameters in Non-Elastic, Thermo-Mechanical Fracture,' Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 26, pp. 851-867 https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(87)90034-8
- Nikishkov, G.P. and Atluri, S.N., 1987, 'Three-Dimensional Elastic-Plastic J-integral Calculations for Semi-Elliptical Surface Cracks in a Tensile Plate,' Engineering Fracture Mechanics, pp. 81-87 https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(88)90008-2
- Shih, C.F., Moran, B. and Nakamura, T., 1986, 'Energy Release Rate along a Three-Dimensional Crack Front in a Thermally Stressed Body,' Int. Journal of Fracture, Vol. 30, pp. 79-102 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00034019
- Norris, D.M. and Chexal, B., 1987, 'PICEP : Pipe Crack Evaluation Program,' EPRI Report NP 3596-SR
- 1987, 'Approximate Methods for Fracture Analysis of Through-Wall Cracked Pipe,' NUREG/CR-4853, USNRC
- Zahoor, A., 1989, 'Ductile Fracture Handbook, Vol. I,' Electric Power Research Institute
- 1998, 'ABAQUS User's manual,' Hibbitt, Karlson & Sorensen, Inc.
- deLorenzi, H.G., 1982, 'On the Energy Release Rate and the J-integral for 3-D Crack Configurations,' Int. Journal of Fracture, Vol. 19, pp. 183-193 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00017129
- deLorenzi, H.G., 1985, 'Energy Release Rate Calculations by the Finite Element Method,' Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 21, pp. 129-143 https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(85)90060-8
- Bass, B.R. and Bryson, J.W., 1983, 'Energy Release Rate Techniques for Combined Thermo-Mechanical Loading,' Int. Journal of Fracture, Vol. 22, R3-R7 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00960100
- 1995, 'Evaluation of Reactor Pressure Vessels with Charpy Upper-Shelf Energy Less Than 50 ft-lb,' Reg. Guide 1.161, USNRC.
- Parks, D.M., 1977, 'The Virtual Crack Extension Method for Nonlinear Material Behavior,' Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 12, pp. 353-364 https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(77)90023-8
- Hellen, T.K., 1975, 'On the Method of Virtual Crack Extensions,' Int. Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 9, pp. 187-207 https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620090114
- 허남수, 김영진 등, 1999, '차세대 원전배관의 LBB 적용을 위한 수정배관평가선도의 개발,' 대한기계학회논문집 A권, 제23권, 제5호, pp. 763-771