- Volume 13 Issue 1
Studies on the Quantitative analysis and the Health Effect of VOCs in Environment - Analysis for THMs of tap water in six cities of Korea -
VOCs 측정 및 VOCs가 인체에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구 - 우리나라 6개 대도시 수도수 중 THMs 분석 -
- Kim, Mi-Kyoung (Department of Chemistry and Institute of Global Environment, Kyunghee University) ;
- Park, Yuon-Sin (Institute for Environmental Research Yonsei University) ;
- Chung, Yong (Institute for Environmental Research Yonsei University)
- Received : 1999.07.08
- Published : 2000.02.25
In this study, we collected the tap water that treated from water plant in Seoul, Incheon, Taejon, Kwangju, Taeku and Pusan and supplied each house. The sampling period was June and September, 1997. The concentration of THMs formed by chlorination in drinking water was determined with the purge and trap method with GC/MSD recommended by the us EPA 542.2 method. Chloroform is the most of THMs (47.43%~93.11%) and the content order is bromodichloromethane > chlorodibromomethane > bromoform. In Incheon, Taejon, Kwangju, Taeku and Pusan, the content of bromodichloromethane, chlorodibromomethane and bromoform was higher than Seoul. But, in June and September, the concentration of THMs in six cities is not over Korea Drinking Water Regulation
- NTP (National Toxicology Program). NTP No. 261 NIH Publ.
- NTP-TR-255 NIH Publ.
- Office of Water Health advisories
- IRIS (Intergrated Risk Information System) US EPA
- IRPTC (Internation Register of Potentially Toxic Chemical) UNEP
- Ecotoxicol. Environ. Safety v.9 C.F. Tumasonics;D.N. McMartin;B. Bush
- J. Am. Water Works Assoc. v.76 no.2 L.R. Yuskus
- TOMES puls (Toxicology, Occupation Medicine & Environmental Series, plus)
- J. Toxicol. Environ. Health v.24 G.A. Lattanzi;S. Colacci(et al)
- J. Bull and M. Robinson, Fund. Appl. Toxicol. v.5 T.A. Jorgenson;E.F. Meierhenry;C.J. Rushbrook, R.
- Environ. Health Perspect v.69 J.E. Klaunig;R.J. Ruch;M.A. Pereira
- Appl. Toxdicol. v.6 no.1 J.V. Bruckner;W.F. MacKenzie;S. Muralidhara;R. Luthra;G.M. Kyle;D. Acosta;Fund.
- Gig. Sanit v.1 V.M. Voronium;A.I. Donchenko;A.A. Korolev
- J. Appl. Toxicol. v.8 no.4 M.M. Verma;F.R. Ampy;K. Verma(et al)
- Environmental toxicology Fawell JK;Hunt S
- J. Occup. Med. v.23 no.12 L.R. Yuskus
- J. Work Environ. Health v.9 M.G. Ott;L.K. Skory;B.B. Holder
- J. Am. Public Health v.70 no.5 G.L. Carlo;C.J. Mettlin
- Environ. Sci. Technol. v.15 no.3 J.A. Cotruvo