- Volume 11 Issue 1
A Comparative Study on Optimization Procedures to Robust Design
로버스트설계에서 최적화방안에 대한 비교 연구
- Kwon, Yong-Man (Dept. of Computer Science and Statistics, Chosun University) ;
- Mun, In-Suk (Dept. of Computer Science and Statistics, Chosun University)
- Published : 2000.04.30
Robust design is an approach to reducing performance variation of quality characteristic values in quality engineering. Taguchi parameter design has a great deal of advantages but it also has some disadvantages. The various research efforts aimed at developing alternative methods. In the Taguchi parameter design, the product-array approach using orthogonal arrays is mainly used. However, it often requires an excessive number of experiments. An alternative approach, which is called the combined-array approach, was suggested by Welch et. al. (1990) and studied by others. In this paper we make a comparative study on optimization procedures to robust design in the two different experimental design(product array, combined array) approaches the Mough the Monte Carlo simulation.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.22 Combining Taguchi and Response Surface Philosophies : A Dual Response Approach Vining, G. G.;Myers, R. H.
- Designing Products That are Robust to the Environment, total Quality Management v.3 Box, G. E. P.;Jones, S. P.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.22 Computer Experiments for Quality Control by Parameter Design Welch, W. J.;Yu, T. K.;Kang, S. M.;Sacks, J.
- The American Statistician v.46 Response Surface Alternatives to the Taguchi Robust Parameter Design Approach Myers, R. H.;Khuri, A. I.;Vining, G.
- System of Experimental Design : Engineering Methods to Optimize Quality and Minimize Cost, White Plains Taguchi, G.