- Volume 24 Issue 10
A pipe prover is a flowmeter calibrator used in flow measurement field. Gravimetric and volumetric methods were applied to determine the basic volume of the pipe prover. Uncertainty of its basic volume measurement was evaluated in accordance with the procedure recommended by International Organization for Standardization. The combined standard uncertainty of determining the basic volume was estimated from the sensitivity coefficient and the standard uncertainty of independent variables. It was found that the uncertainties of the weighing and volume measurements have dominant influence on that of the basic volume determination. With the quantitative analysis of the sensitivity coefficient, the contribution of the each variable uncertainty to the combined standard uncertainty of the basic volume is shown clearly.
Pipe Prover;Uncertainty;Flow Measurement;Calibration;Water Draw Method;Gravimetric Method;Volumetric Method;Sensitivity Coefficient
- ISO/IEC 17025, 1999(E), 'General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratory (1st edition)'
- ISO, 1993(E), 'Guide to The Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement(1st edition)'
- API, 1988, 'Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards, Chapter 4. Proving System(1st edition)'
- Ki Won Lira, et. al., 1986, 1987, 'Development of a mobile flow proving system, Report of KRISS,' KRIS-86-36-IR, KRIS-87-42-IR
- United States patent No. 3403544, 1968, 'Flowmeter Calibration'
- JFI standard 1001, 1975, '液體用流量計 器差試驗方法(in Japanese),' 日本計量工業協會
- ISO 4185, 1980, 'Measurement of Liquid Flow in Closed Conduits-Weighing methods'
- Paul E. Pontius, 1974, 'Mass and Mass values,' NBS Monograph No. 133
- ISO 8316, 1984, 'Measurement of Liquid Flow in Closed Conduits-Method by Collection of The Liquid in a Volumetric Tank'
- CRC Handbook, 1977, 'Handbook of Chemistry and Physics(57th edition),' CRC-Press
- ISO Guide 35, 1989, Certification of Reference Materials-General and Statistical Principles(2nd edition)
- マテリアル.デ-タベ-ス(material database) 編集委員會, 1989, 'マテリアル.デ-タベ-ス(Material Database)', 日刊工業新聞社