- Volume 4 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
수근관 증후군(carpal tunnel syndrome) 5례에 대한 증례 보고
Clinical Study on Five Cases of Carpal tunnel syndrome
- 김일환 (동신대학교 순천한방병원 사상체질과)
- Kim, Il-Hwan (Dept. of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongshin Univ.)
- 발행 : 2001.12.30
Objective: The purpose of the study was to evaluate the effectiveness of treating the carpal tunnel syndrome by using both the Herbal Acupuncture and herbal medicine therapy on five cases. Methods: For the Herbal Acupuncture, Jungseonguhhyul No. 1 and Hwanglyunhaedoktang were used. For the herbal medicine, Dangguihwalhyul-tang was used. The patients were treated once in every two days; the result was evaluated after ten treatments. Patients' conditions were monitored through their testimony, phalen's test, nerve conduction study and electromyography. Results: In all five cases, the patients showed improvement; in four cases, the patients no longer had most of the clinical symptoms. Based on the result of the nerve conduction study, for the four cases in which the patients no longer displayed most of the clinical symptoms, their nerve conduction rate improved; for the remaining one case, the patient's nerve conduction rate deteriorated. Conclusions: The results of this study demonstrate that combining the Herbal Acupuncture and herbal medicine therapy can have noticeable effects in treating the carpal tunnel syndrome; developing more variety of the herbal acupuncture would lead to even better treatment results.
Carpal tunnel syndrom;Herbal Acupuncture;Hwanglyunhaedoktang;Jungseonguhhyul no.1;Dangguihwalhyultang nerve conduction study & electromyography
- Neurosurgery v.41 Median nerve compression can be detected by MR imaging of the carpal tunnel Horch, R.E.;Allmann, K.H.;Langer, M.;Stark, G.B. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006123-199707000-00016
- 대한 수부외과 학회지 v.3 no.2 최소한의 이중 절개를 이용한 정중신경 압박 증후군에 대한 치료 - 근전도 결과를 중심으로한 결과분석 조덕연;김재화;김기영
- J. Bone Joint Surg. v.48-A The carpal tunnel syndrome: Seven years experience in diagnosis and treatment of six hundred fifty-four hands Phalen, G.S.
- 근골격계 진단 및 치료의 핵심 이영진(譯)
- Instr Course Lect. v.44 Social and economic costs of carpal tunnel surgery Palmer, D.H.;Hanrahan, L.P.
- J. Hand Surg. v.11-A Long Term analysis of patients having surgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome Kulick, M. I.;Goldillo, G.;Javide, T.;Kilgoe, E.S. Jr.;Newmayer, W.L. III
- J. Neurol v.231 Carpal tunnel syndrome-course and prognosis Muhla, G.;Both, R.;Kunath, H. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00313722
- 대한수부외과 학회지 v.4 no.2 수근관터널증후군의 세 가지 수술 방법 비교 - 전통적 개방술, 내시경적 및 최소 절개를 이용한 206례의 수근관 감압술 분석 김유진;윤준오
- Comparison of the Effects between Sweet Bee Venom Pharmacopuncture and Scolopendrid Pharmacopuncture on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial) vol.13, pp.4, 2010, https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2010.13.4.075
- A Case Report on Pregnancy-Related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Worsened after Birth by Korean Medicine vol.28, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2015.28.4.065