- Volume 13 Issue 1
The strength and ductility of steel flexural members are investigated experimentally in this study. As for the performance evaluation of flexural members. experimental studies on the 9 test specimens were carried out. Four specimens were fabricated from SM490 and five specimens were fabricated from SM570. The experimental results of the specimens were analyzed with focus on the flexural strength and ductility. The experimental results exhibited that all the specimens provided sufficient flexural strengthes which exceeded the nominal flexural strengthes specified in the current Limit State Design Specification by average ratio of 1.22. However. the experimental results showed that the compact-section specimens fabricated from SM570 did not provide the required rotational ductility. The yield-to-tensile strength ratio(YR) of SM570 of about 0.9 might be the causes of such insufficient capacities.
Supported by : 사업자원부
- Chicago, American Institute of Steel Construction Load and Resistance Factor Design Specification for Structural Steel Building, 2nd Ed AISC
- 대한건축학회 강구조 한계상태 설계기준 대한건축학회
- Theory of Elastic Stability Timoshenko, S. P.;Gere, J. M.
- The Stability of Flat Plates Bulson, P. S.
- Buckling Strength of Metal Structures Bleich, F.
- J. of Engineering Mechanics Division v.84 no.EM2 On inelastic Buckling in Steel Haaijer, G.;Thurlimann, B.
- J. of Structural Division v.91 no.ST6 Flange Local Buckling in Wide-Flange Shapes Lay, M. G.
- J. of Structural Division v.95 no.ST6 Rotational Capacity of Beams under Moment Gradient Lukey, A. F.;Adams, P. F.
- J. of Structural Division v.104 no.9 The Bending Resistance of Steel Beams Yura, J. A.;Galambos, T. V.