- Volume 13 Issue 1
The main purpose of this paper is to present deflections of laminated composite plates on the two-parameter foundations. that is an elastic foundation with shear layer. This paper focuses on the deformation behaviour of anisotropic structures on elastic foundations. The third-order shear deformation theory is applied by using the double-fourier series. To validate the derived equations the obtained displacements for simply supported isotropic and orthotropic plates on elastic foundations are compared with those of Timoshenko and LUSAS program. The results show an excellent agreement for the isotropic and LUSAS program. The results show an excellent agreement for the isotropic and orthotropic plates on the elastic foundations. Numerical results for displacements are presented to show the effects of side-to-thickness ratio aspect ratio, material anisotropy and shear modulus of foundations.
- Die lehre von der Elastizitat und Festigkeit v.182 Winkler, E.
- Die Berechung des Eisenbahnoberbaues, 2Ed. Zinnermann H.
- Vorlesungen uber Technische Mechanik, 9th Ed. v.258 Foppl A
- Beams on Elastic Foundations. Hetenyi M.
- J. of appl. Phys. v.21 A general solution for the bending of beams in an elastic Foundation of arbitrary continuity Hetenyi M.
- Gosuedarstvennoe Izadatelstvo Literaturi po Stroitelstvui Arkhitekture Foundamentals of a New Method of Analysis of an Elastic Foundation by Means of Two Foundation Constants Pasternak P. L.
- Theory of Plates and Shells Timoshenko S. P.;Woinowsky-Krieger S.
- J. of Applied Mechanics v.45 A simple higherorder theory for laminated composite plates Reddy, J. N.
- J. of Sound and Vibration v.60 Dynamic stability of Timoshenko beams resting on an elastic foundation Abbas, B. A.;Thomas, J.
- J. of Sound and Vibration v.147 Buckling and vibration of polar orthotropic circular plates of linerarly varying thicknes retiong on an elastic foundation Gupta, U. S.;Lal, R.;Jain, S. K.
- Proceeding of the 6th International conference on Steel and Space Structures Nonlinear analysis of laminated composite plates on elastic foundation using the finite difference method Han, S. C.;Yoon, S. H.;Park, W. T.
- Composite Structures for Civil and Architectural Engineering Kim, D. H.
- J. of KSSC v.6 no.3 Free vibrations of beams on elastic foundations with shear layer Lee, B. K.
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics v.11 Vibration of beams on non-homogeneous elastic foundations Pavlovic, M. V.;Whlie, G. B.
- J. of Sound and Vibration v.118 Free vibration of a solid circular plate free at its edge and attached to a winkler foundation Salari, M.;Bert, C. W.;Striz, A. G.
- J. of KSSC v.6 no.4 Post-buckling failure envelops of quasi-isotropic and cross-ply rectangular composite plates under thermal load and uniaxial compression Shin, D. K.
- LUSAS Ver 13.2
- Mechanics of Lamintaed Composite Plates Reddy, J. N.