- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Local Allowable Wall Thickness of Thinned Pipe Subjected to Internal Pressure and Bending Moment
내압과 굽힘하중하에서 감육배관의 국부허용두께 평가
- Kim, Jin-Won (Atomic Energy Research Center, Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Park, Chi-Yong (Atomic Energy Research Center, Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Beom-Nyeon
- Published : 2001.01.01
This study proposed an analytical method to evaluate a local allowable wall thickness (LAWT) for locally thinned pipe subjected to internal pressure and bending moment. In this method, the stresses in the thinned region were calculated by finite element analysis and plastic collapse was applied as a failure criterion of thinned pipe. Using this method, LAWT for a simplified thinned pipe was evaluated with variation in axial extent of thinned area, and it was compared with allowable wall thickness provided by previous pipe wall thickness criteria. The results showed that the LAWT was lower, about 50%, than that calculated by construction code or ASME Code N-597, and it was higher, about 2 times, than that estimated by evaluation model based on pipe experiments. In addition, LAWT was decreased with increasing axial extent of thinned area and saturated with further increase in axial extent. And, the variation in LAWT with axial extent of thinned area depended on type of load, especially a magnitude of bending moment, considering in the evaluation.
Thinned Pipe;Erosion/Corrosion;Carbon Steel Pipe;Local Allowable Wall Thickness;Minimum Required Wall Thickness
- 이억섭, 김호중, 1999, '외부부식의 형상이 파이프라인의 파손예측에 미치는 영향,' 대한기계학회 논문집(A), 제23권, 제11호, pp. 2096-2101
- American Society of Mechanical Engineer, ASME B&PV Sec.XI., 1995ed., 'Rules for Inservice Inspection of Nuclear Power Plant Components.'
- Kiefner, J. F. and Vieth, P. H., 'New Method Corrects Criterion for Evaluating Corroded Pipe,' Oil and Gas Journal, pp. 56 59
- P'Crady H, H. T., Hisey, D. H., and Kiefner, J. F., 1992, 'Pressure Calculation for Corroded Pipe Developed,' Oil and Gas Journal, pp. 84-89
- Deardorff, A. F. and Bushm S. H., 1990, 'Deveolpment of ASME Section XI Criteria for Erosion-Corrosion Thinning of Carbon Steel Piping,' Proc. ASME PVP-Vol.186, pp. 71-75
- American Society of Mechanical Engineer, ASME B&PV Sec.Xl, Div.1, 1998ed., ASME Code Case N-597, 'Requirement for Analytical Evaluation of Pipe Wall Thinning.'
- 김진원, 박치용, 김범년, 1999, '감육부위 길이가 배관의 허용두께 평가에 미치는 영향,' 대한기계학회 '99년 추계학술대회 논문집A, pp. 597-602
- 김범년, 김진원, 박치용, 1999, '감육배관의 최소 허용두께 결정방법에 대한 고찰,' 대한기계학회 보일러 및 압력용기위원회 제2회 학술대회논문집, pp. 35-41
- American Society of Mechanical Engineer, ANSI/ASME B31.G, 1991., 'Manual for Remaining Strength of Corroded Pipelines.'
- Ahammed, M., 1997, 'Prediction of Remaining Strength of Corroded Pressurised Pipelines,' International Journal of Pressure Vessel & Piping, pp. 213-217 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-0161(96)00081-6
- Virginia Electric and Power Co., 1989, 'Surry Unit 2 Reactor Trip and Feedwater Pipe Failure Report.'
- Choi, Y. H. and Kang, S. C., 2000, 'Evaluation of Piping Integrity in Thinned Main Feedwater Pipes,' Journal of the Korean Nuclear Society, Vol. 32, No.1, pp. 67-76
- Chexal, B., Horowitz, J., Dooley, 8., Millett, P., Wood, C., and Jones, R., 1998, 'Flow-Accelerated Corrosion in Power Plant,' EPRI/TR-J06611-R2
- American Society of Mechanical Engineer, ASME B&PV Code Sec.III, 1995 ed., 'Nuclear Components.'
- American Society of Mechanical Engineer, ANSI/ASME B31.l, 1995ed., 'Power Piping Code.'
- Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute, 1993, 'Technical Reprt on the Piping Reliability Tests at the Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (Japanese),' JAERI-M. 93-074, pp. 104-115
- Miyazaki, K., Kanno, S., Ishiwata, M., Hasegawa, K., Ahn, S. H., and Ando, K., 1998, 'Fracture Strength and Behavior for Carbon Steel Pipes with Local Wall Thinning,' Proc. ASME PVP-Vol.371, pp. 93-100
- Ando, K., Ahn, S. H., Ishiwata, M., and Hasegawa, K., 1999, 'Plastic Collapse Behavior of Pipe with Local Wall Thinning Subjected to Bending Moment,' Proc. SMiRT-15, Vol. 5, pp. v257-v264