- Volume 25 Issue 2
An inverse heat conduction problem(IHCP) arises when unknown heat fluxes and whole temperature field are to be found with temperature measurements of a few points. In this paper, observers are proposed as solution algorithm for the IHCP. A 1-dimensional heat transfer problem is modeled with modal analysis and state space equations. Position of the heat source is estimated through test heat inputs and the autocorrelation among a few of temperature data. The modified Bass-Gura method is used to design a state observer to estimate the intensity of heat source and the whole temperature field of a 1-dimensional body. To verify the reliability of this estimator, analytic solutions obtained from the proposed method are compared.
- Silva Neto, A. J. and Ozisik, M. N., 1993, 'Simultaneous Estimation of Location and Timewisevarying strength of A plane Heat Source,' Numerical Heat Transfer, Vol. 24, pp. 467-477 (in Japanese) https://doi.org/10.1080/10407789308902635
- Bendat, J. S., Piersol, A. G., 1991, Random Data(Analysis and Measurement Procedure) 2nd Ed. John Wiley & Sons
- Friedland, B., 1987, Control System Design (An Introduction to State-Space Methods), 2nd Ed. McGraw-Hill, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Ji, C. C., Tuan, P. C., and Jang, H. Y., 1997, 'A Recursive Least-squares Algorithm for on-line 1-D Inverse Heat Conduction Estimation,' Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 40, No. 9, pp. 2081-2096 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(96)00289-X
- Tandy, D. F., Trujillo, D. M. and Busby, H. R., 1986, 'Solution of Inverse Heat Conduction Problems using an Eigenvalue Reduction Technique,' Numerical Heat Transfer, Vol. 10, pp. 597-617 https://doi.org/10.1080/10407788608913538
- El Bagdouri, M. and Jarny, Y., 1986, 'Optimal Boundary Control of a Thermal System. Inverse Conduction Problems,' Prepr. 4th IFAC Symp.(Control of Distributed Parameter Systems), Los Angels, California
- Park, H. M. and Lee, J. H., 1998, 'A Method of solving Inverse Convection Problems by Means of Mode Reduction,' Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 53, No. 9, pp. 1731-1744 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2509(98)00024-4
- Marquardt, W. and Auracher, H., 1990, 'An Observer-based solution of Inverse Heat Conduction Problems,' Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 33, No. 7, pp. 1545-1562 https://doi.org/10.1016/0017-9310(90)90050-5
- Hensel, E. and Hills, R. G., 1986, 'An initial value approach to the inverse heat conduction problem,' Trans. ASME J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 108, pp. 248-256
- Tikhonov, A. N. and Arsenin, V. Y., 1977, Solution of Ill-posed Problems, Winston, Washington, DC.
- Deuflhard, P. and Hairer, E., 1983, Numerical treatment of Inverse Problems in Differential and Integral Equations, Birkhauser, Boston
- Beck, J. V., Blackwell, B., and Clair, C. St., 1985, Inverse Heat Conduction. Ill-Posed Problems, John Wiley, New York
- Blum, J. and Marquardt, W., 1997, 'An Optimal solution to Inverse Heat Conduction Problems Based On Frequency-Domain Interpretation and Observers,' Numerical Heat Transfer(B), Vol. 32, pp. 453-478 https://doi.org/10.1080/10407799708915019
- Bass, B. R. and Ott, L. J., 1980, Numerical Methods for Nonlinear Problems, Pineridge Press, Swansea, England, pp. 649-661
- Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer v.33 no.7 pp.1545-1562 An Observer-based solution of Inverse Heat Conduction Problems Marquardt, W.;Auracher, H.