- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of the Dynamic Photoelastic Hybrid Method for Two Dissimilar Isotropic Bi-Materials
두 상이한 등방성 이종재료용 동적 광탄성 하이브리드법 개발에 관한 연구
- Published : 2001.03.01
When the interfacial crack of two dissimilar isotropic bi-materials is propagated with constant velocity along the interface, stress and displacement components are derived in this research. The dynamic photoelastic experimental hybrid method for bimaterial is introduced. It is assured that stress components and dynamic photoelastic hybrid method developed in this research are valid. Separating method of stress component is introduced from only dynamic photoelastic fringe patterns. Crack propagating velocity of interfacial crack is 80∼85% (in case of aluminum, 24.3∼25.9%) of Rayleigh wave velocity of epoxy resin. The near-field stress components of crack-tip are similar with those of pure isotropic material under static or dynamic loading, but very near-field stress components of crack-tip are different from those.
Dynamic Photoelastic Hybrid Method;Propagating Interfacial Crack;Near-Field Stress;Dynamic Stress Intensity Factor;Dynamic Loading Device;Crack Propagating Velocity;Rayleigh Wave Velocity
- Singh, R. P. and Shukla, A., 1996, 'Subsonic and Intersonic Crack Growth along a Bimaterial Interface,' J. of App. Mech., Vol. 63, pp. 919-924
- Shin, D. C., 1997, 'A Study on the Development of Photoelastic Experimental Hybrid Method,' Ms. Thesis, Yeungnam Univ. Korea
- 신동철, 황재식, 2000, '등방성체용 동적 광탄성 하이브리트 법 개발에 관한 연구,' 대한기계학회논문집 A권, 제24권 제9호, pp. 2220-2227
- Singh, R. P., Kavaturu, M. and Shukla, A, 1997, 'Initiation, Propagation and Controlled Stress Wave Loading,' Int. J. of Fracture, Vol. 83, pp. 291-304 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007358901588
- Lekhnitskii, S. G., 1963, 'Theory of Elasticity of an Anisotropic Body,' Translated by P. Fren, edited by J. J. Brandstatter, Holden-Day Series in Mathematical Physics, Holden-Day Inc.
- Lambros, J. and Rosakis, A. J., 1995, 'Dynamic Decohesion of Bimaterials: Experimental Observations and Failure Criteria,' Int. J. Solids Structures, Vol. 32, No. 17/18, pp. 2677-2702 https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7683(94)00291-4
- Deng, X., 1992, 'Complete Complex Series Expansions of Near-tip Fields for Streadily Growing Interface Cracks in Dissimilar Isotropic Materials,' Engr. Frac. Mech., Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 237-242 https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(92)90214-Y
- Deng, X., 1993, 'General Crack-tip Field for Stationary and Steadily Growing Interface Cracks in Anisotropic Bimaterals,' J. of Appl. Mech., Vol. 60, pp. 183-189
- Aminpour, M. A. and Holsapple, K. A., 1990, 'Near-Field Solutions for Propagating Cracks at the Interface of Dissimilar Anisotropic elastic Materials,' Engr. Frac. Mech., Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 93-103 https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(90)90099-3