- Volume 25 Issue 3
This paper presents a real-time multibody vehicle dynamic analysis method using recursive Kanes formulation and suspension composite joints. To shorten the computation time of simulation, relative coordinate system is used and the equations of motion are derived using recursive Kanes formulation. Typical suspension systems of vehicles such as MacPherson strut suspension system is modeled by suspension composite joints. The joints are derived and utilized to reduce the computation time of simulation without any degradation of kinematical accuracy of the suspension systems. Using the develop program, a multibody vehicle dynamic model is formed and simulations are performed. Accuracy of the simulation results is compared to the real vehicle field test results. It is found that the simulation results using the proposed method are very accurate and real-time simulation is achieved on a computer with single PowerPC 604 processor.
Multibody Dynamic;Kanes Formulation;Real-time Simulation;Vehicle Dynamic Analysis
- JASO, 1987, Pylon Course Slalom Test Procedure, JASO(Japanese Automobile Standards Organization) C 706-87
- Choi, G.J., Yoo, Y.M., Lee, K.P. and Yoon, Y.S., 2000, 'A Real-Time Multibody Vehicle Dynamic Analysis Method Using Suspension Composite Joints,' International Journal of Vehicle Design, Vol.24, Nos2/3, pp. 259-273 https://doi.org/10.1504/IJVD.2000.005184
- Amirouche, F. m. I., 1992, Computational Methods in Multibody Dynamics, Prentice-Hall International, Inc.
- Wang, J. T. and Huston, R. L., 1987, 'Kane's Equations with Undetermined Multipliers-Approach to Constrained Multibody Systems,' ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 54, pp. 424-429
- Hollerbach, J. M., 1980, 'A Recursive Lagrangian Formulation of Manipulator Dynamics and a Comparative Study of Dynamics Formulation Complexity,' IEEE Transaction on Systems Man, and Cybernetics, Vol. SMC-10, No. 11, pp. 730-736
- Hwang, R. S., 1988, A Recursive Multibody Dynamics Formulation for Parallel Computation, Ph.D Dissertation, The Univ. of Iowa
- Savaglio, C., Howe, R. M. and Fadden, E. J., 1997, 'Real-time Simulation of an Engine Model and a Vehicle Model Using Asynchronous Simulation Techniques,' SAE paper 970510
- Haug, E. J., 1990, Feasibility Study and Conceptual Design of a National Advanced Driving Simulator(NADS), DOT HS 807 597 Final Report
- 최규재, 2000, '현가장치 복합조인트를 이용한 다물체 차량 시스템의 실시간 동역학 해석,' 박사학위논문, 한국과학기술원