- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
New Engineering Estimation Method of J-Integral and COD for Circumferential Through-Wall Cracked Pipes
원주방향 관통균열이 존재하는 배관의 J-적분 및 COD 계산을 위한 새로운 공학적 계산식
- Published : 2001.03.01
A new method to estimate the elastic-plastic J-integral and the crack tip opening displacement (COD) for circumferential through-wall cracked pipes under tension and under bending is proposed for Leak-Before-Break (LBB) analysis. Being based on the reference stress method with further modifications, the proposed method is simple to use and easy to be generalised in practice. Comparison of the CODs, predicted using the proposed method with published pipe test data show overall excellent agreement.
Crack Opening Displacement;J-Integral;Reference Stress Method;Enhanced Reference Stress Method
- 1997, 'Pipe Fracture Test Data,' Pipe Fracture Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, Battelle
- Wu thrich, C., 1983, 'Crack Opening Areas in Pressure Vessels and Pipes,' Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 18, pp. 1049-1057 https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(83)90076-0
- Kastner, W., Ro hrich, E., Schmitt, W. and Steinbuch, R., 1981, 'Critical Crack Sizes in Ductile Piping,' International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol. 9, pp. 197-219 https://doi.org/10.1016/0308-0161(81)90002-8
- Miller, A.G. and Ainsworth, R.A., 1989, 'Consistency of Numerical Results For Power-Law Hardening Materials and the Accuracy of the Reference Stress Approximation for J,' Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 32, pp. 237-247 https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(89)90296-8
- 1999, 'R6: Assessment of the Integrity of Structures Containing Defects,' Revision 3, British Energy Generation Ltd.
- Ainsworth, R.A., 1984, 'The Assessment of Defects in Structures of Strain Hardening Materials,' Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 19, pp. 633-642 https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(84)90096-1
- Kishida, K. and Zahoor, A., 1988, 'Crack Opening Area Calculations for Circumferential Through-Wall Pipe Cracks,' EPRI Special Report NP-5959-SR
- Kumar, V. and German, M.D., 1988, 'Elastic-Plastic Fracture Analysis of Through-Wall and Surface Flaws in Cylinders,' EPRI Report NP-5596