- Volume 25 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Integrity Evaluation Method of Subclad Crack Under Pressurized Thermal Shock
가압열충격 사고시 클래드 하부균열 안전성 평가 방법에 관한 연구
- Published : 2001.07.01
The reactor pressure vessel(RPV) is usually cladded with stainless steel to prevent corrosion and radiation embrittlement, and a number of subclad cracks have been found during an in-service-inspection. These subclad cracks should be assured for a safe operation under normal conditions and faulted conditions such as pressurized thermal shock(PTS). Currently available integrity assessment procedure for an RPV, ASME Code Sec. XI, are built on the basis of linear fracture mechanics (LEFM). In PTS condition, however, thermal stress and mechanical stress give rise to high tensile stress at the cladding and elastic-plastic behavior is expected in this area. Therfore, ASME Code Sec. XI is overly conservative in assessing the structural integrity under PTS condition. In this paper, the fracture parameter (stress intensity factor, K, and RT(sub)NDT) from elastic analysis using ASME Sec. XI and finite element method were validated against 3-D elastic-plastic finite element analyses. The difference between elastic and elastic-plastic analysis became significant with increasing crack depth. Therfore, it is recommended to perform elastic-plastic analysis for the accurate assessment of subclad cracks under TPS which causes plastic deformation at the cladding.
Reactor Pressure Vessel;Subclad Crack;Cladding;Surface Crack;Pressurized Thermal Shock;Stress Intensify Factor
- ABAQUS Ver. 5.8, 1999, Hibbitt, Karlsson and Sorensen, Inc.
- 한국원자력안전기술원, 1999, '원전 수명연장 관련 주요기기 건전성 평가 세미나,' KINS/AR-696
- Moran B. and Shih, C.F., 1987, 'A General Treatment of Crack Tip Contour Integrals,' International Journal of Fracture, Vol. 35, pp. 295-310 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00276359
- Hurst, R., McGarry, D., Taylor N. and Wintle, J., 1999, 'Evaluation of the NESC I Project,' Proceedings of SMiRT 15
- Dickson, T.L., Bass, B.R. and Williams, P.T., 2000, 'Validation of a Linear-Elastic Facture Methodology for Postulated Flaws Embedded in the Wall of a Nuclear Reactor Pressure Vessel,' Proceeding of ASME, PVP-Vol. 403, pp. 145-151
- USNRC, 1988, 'Radiation Embrittlement of Reactor Vessel Materials,' US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Regulatory Guide 1.99 Rev. 2
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section XI, 1995, 'Rules for In-Service Inspection of Nuclear Power Plant Components'
- Choi, S.N., Jang, K.S., Kim, J.S., Choi, J.B. and Kim, Y.J., 2000, 'Effect of Cladding on the Stress Intensity Factors in the Reactor Pressure Vessel,' Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 199, pp. 101-110 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-5493(99)00059-X
- 이상민, 1999, '주증기관 파단사고에 의한 가압열충격 사고시 원자로 용기의 건전성평가를 위한 결정론적 파괴역학해석,' 99 추계학술발표회요약집, pp. 267, 한국원자력학회
- Bass, B.R., 1996, CSNI Project for Fracture Analysis of Large scale International Reference Experiments(FALSIRE II), USNRC Report NUREG/CR-6460
- Keim, E., Hertlein, R., Fricke, S., Schopper, A., Termin-Morin, F. and Bezdikian, G., 1999, 'Thermal Hydraulics and Fracure Mechanics Analysis of a Small Break Loss of Coolant Accident in the French CP0-Type Reactor Pressure Vessel Integrity Assessment,' Proceedings of the ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference, Vol. 388, pp. 71-77
- 정명조, 박윤원, 이정배, 1997, 'Integrity Evaluation of Kori-1 Reactor Vessel for Rancho Seco Transient,' 대한기계학회논문집(A), 제21권, 제7호, pp. 1089-1096
- 곽동옥, 최재붕, 김영진, 표창률, 박윤원, 1999, '가압열충격을 고려한 원자로용기의 건전성 평가를 위한 결정론적 파괴역학 해석,' 대한기계학회논문집(A), 제23권, 제8호, pp. 1425-1434
- Mukhopadhyay, N.K., Kumar, T.V., Chattopadhyay, J., Dutta, B.K., Kushwaha, H.S. and Raj, V.V., 1998, 'Deterministic Assessment of Reactor Pressure Vessel Integrity Under Pressurised Thermal Shock,' International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol. 75, pp. 1055-1064 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-0161(98)00109-4