- Volume 25 Issue 8
A large-scale bursting event has been analyzed in a turbulent channel flow using a data obtained from a direct numerical simulation (DNS). Large-scale, plume-like structures have been frequently observed in many experimental results, but the origin of those structures is far from being fully understood. It is believed that those large scale events occur occasionally but contribute significantly to the generation of Reynolds shear stress in the outer layer. This paper attempts to give detailed examples of those large-scale motions observed in a turbulent channel flow at relatively low Reynolds number.
직접수치모사;거대 파열 현상;난류 채널유동
- Jeong, J., Hussain, F., Schoppa, W. and Kim, J., 1997, 'Coherent Structures Near the Wall in a Turbulent Channel Flow,' J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 332, p. 185
- Liu, Z. C., Adrian, R. J. and Hanratty, T. J., 1995, 'A Study of Turbulent Channel Flow with 2D Orthogonal Decomposition,' American Physical Society Meeting, Irvine, California
- Lyons, S. L., Hanratty, T. J. and McLaughlin, J. B., 1991, 'Large-scale Computer Simulation of Fully Developed Tubulent Channel Flow with Heat Transfer,' Int. J. Num. Methods with Fluids, Vol. 13, pp. 999-1028 https://doi.org/10.1002/fld.1650130805
- Lyons, S. L., Nikolaides, C. and Hanratty, T. J., 1988, 'The Size of Turbulent Eddies Close to a Wall,' AICH J., Vol. 34, pp. 938-945 https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690340606
- Luchik, T. S. and Tiederman, W. G., 1987, 'Timescale and Structure of Ejections and Burst in Turbulent Channel Flows,' J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 174, pp. 529-552 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112087000235
- Lu, S. S. and Willmarth, W. W., 1973, 'Measurements of the Structure of the Reynolds Stress in a Turbulent Boundary Layer,' J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 60, pp. 481-511 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112073000315
- Bogard, D. G. and Tiederman, W. G., 1986, 'Burst Detection with Single-point Velocity Measurements,' J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 162, pp. 389-413 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112086002094
- Kline, S. J., Reynolds, W. C., Schraub, F. A. and Runstadler, P. W., 1967, 'The Structure of Turbulent Boundary Layers,' J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 30, pp. 741-773 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112067001740
- Offen, G. R. and Kline, S. J., 1973, 'A proposed Model of the Bursting Process in Turbulent Boundary Layers,' J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 70, pp. 209-228 https://doi.org/10.1017/S002211207500198X
- Townsend, A. A., 1956, The Structure of Turbulent Shear Flow, 1st ed. Cambridge University, Cambridge
- Panton, R. L., 1997, Self-sustaining Mechanism of Wall Turbulence, Computational Mechanics Publication, Southampton, U. K.