- Volume 25 Issue 4
In this paper, the drop/impact simulation for a mobile phone has been carried out with the explicit code LS-DYNA and its validation has been experimentally verified. The small size of this kind of electronics products makes it time-consuming, and difficult to conduct drop tests to detect the failure mechanism and identify their drop behaviors. Strict drop/impact performance criteria of such hand held electronic products as mobile phones play an important role in their design because these products must withstand both normal and unexpected shock. Usually, the product durability on drop impact depends on designers experience. The present reliable methodology of drop/impact simulation provides an efficient and powerful vehicle to improve the design quality and reduce the design period.
LS-DYNA;Drop/Impact Simulation;Mobile Phone
- Choi,S.S., 1998, 'Drop Impact Simulation for Optimum Design of TFT-LCD,' 5th International LS-DYNA Users Conference
- LSTC, 1999, LS-DYNA Keyword User's Manual, Ver. 950
- ANSYS, Inc., 1998, ANSYS/LS-DYNA User's Guide, U.S.A.
- Nakagima,T., Nogami,R., Teragish,Y. and Takada,T., 1993, 'Optimum Design Method for Package Cushions,' 일본기계학회논문집, 제59권, 제558호, pp. 624-628
- Wu,J., Yeh,C. and Wyatt,K., 1996, 'Drop/Impact Simulation of Electronic Products,' 4th International LS-DYNA3D Users Conference
- Song,G., Yeh,C. and Wyatt,K., 1998, 'Phone Drop Simulation and Effect of Small Variation do Drop Angle,' 5th International LS-DYNA Users Conference
- Lye,S.W., Teo,M.Y. and Lew,S.C., 1995, 'A Study of Shock Characterization for Protective Packaging Design,' Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Vol. 4, pp. 308-313 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02649068
- 정완진, 부성운, 전삼표, 김동철, 1995, '전자제품의 충격설계,' 대한기계학회지, 제35권, 제8호, pp. 678-690
- 최성식, 이종규, 1997, '낙하충격해석을 통한 Pulp Mold 완충재의 최적 설계,' '97 CAE for Industry, 대한기계학회, pp. 87-94