- Volume 25 Issue 4
This paper concerns rotor vibration reduction using magnetic damper system. The fuzzy control logic is utilized to fulfill desired motion. The fuzzy system structure and membership function were first determined by simulation results. The researched control logic contains two fuzzy controller : reference position variation according to the rotor whirling status and error compensation algorithm to minimize the rotor vibration due to unbalance and unstable fluid film force. The Sugeno type output membership function was utilized by several trials and optimized membership function constants were selected from experiments. The experimental results show that the proposed method effectively control and reduce the rotor vibration with fluid film bearings.
Oil Whirl;Oil Whip;Fixed Gain Control;Rotor Active Control;DSP Control;Oil Film Bearing;Curve Fitting;Fuzzy Logic Control
- John M. Vance, 1988, Rotordynamics of urbomachinery, John Wiley & Sons
- Kim, Y.B., Hwang, W.G., Kee, C.D. and Yi, H.B., 2000, 'Active Vibration Control of a Suspension System Using Electro-Magnetic Damper,' Submitted to ImechE
- Malki, H.A., Misir, D., Feigenspan, D. and Chen, G., 1997, 'Fuzzy PID Control of a Fexible-Joint Robot Arm with Uncertainties from Time-Varying Loads,' IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology, Vol. 5(3), pp. 371-378 https://doi.org/10.1109/87.572133
- Pham, T.T. and Chen, G., 1994, 'Optimal Fuzzy Control System with Applications to Multi-Link Manipulators,' Proceedings EXPERSYS'94, Houston, TX, Dec. 1-2, pp. 531-536
- Roger, J.S. and Gulley, N., 1995, 'Fuzzy Logic Toolbox User's Guide,' The MathWorks Inc.
- Lin, C.T. and Lee, C.S.G., 1996, 'Neural Fuzzy Systems,' Prentice-Hall International, Inc.
- Pham, T.T., Weiss, J.J. and Chen, G., 1992, 'Optimal Fuzzy Logic Controller for Docking a Boat,' Proceedings of 2nd Workshop on Fuzzy Logic Applications, College Station, TX, Dec. 2-4, pp. 66-73
- Segnio, M. and Nishida, M., 1985, 'Fuzzy Control Model of a Car,' Fuzzy Sets System, Vol. 16, pp. 100-113 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(85)80011-7
- Liu, K. and Lewis, F.L., 1994, 'Fuzzy Logic-Based Navigation Controller for an Autonomous Mobile Robot,' Proceedings of IEEE Int. Conf. Syst. Man., Cybern., San Antonio, TX, pp. 1782-1789 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICSMC.1994.400109
- Liu, K, and Lewis, F.L., 1994, 'Hybrid Feedback Linearization/Fuzzy Logic Control of a Flexible Link Manipulator,' Journal of Intell. Fuzzy System, Vol. 2(4), pp. 325-336
- Kim, C.S. and Lee, C.W., 1996, 'Isotropic Optimal Control of Active Magnetic Bearing System,' ASME Journal of Dynamic System, Measurement and Control, Vol. 118(4), PP. 421-426
- Cela, A. and Hamam, Y., 1992, 'A Fuzzy Robust Controller for Trajectory Tracking of Robotic Systems,' Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intell. Robots System, pp. 767-774
- Burrows, C.R., Sahinkaya, M., and Clements, S., 1987, 'Electro-Magnetic Control of Oil Film Supported Rotor Using Sparse Measurements,' Rotating Dynamics, ASME Publication, September 27-30, pp. 127-132
- Kim, D.G. and Kim, K.W., 1996, 'The Influence of Assembling Errors on the Performance of the Rotor Supported by Active Magnetic Bearing,' Transaction of KSME, Vol. 20(12), pp. 3909-3916
- Salm, J.R., 1988, 'Active Electromagnetic Suspension of an Elastic Rotor: Modeling, Control, and Experimental Results,' Journal of Vibration, Acoustics, Stress, and Reliability in Design, ASME, Vol. 110, pp. 493-501
- Nikdajsen, J., Holmes, R., and Gonhalekar, V., 1979, 'Investigation of an Electromagnetic Damper for Vibration Control of a Transmission Shaft,' ImechE, pp. 331-336
- Muszynska, A., 1988, 'Rotor Active Anti-Swirl Control,' Journal of Vibration, Acoustics, Stress, and Reliability in Design, ASME, Vol.110, pp. 143-150
- 김영배, 이형복, 이봉기,'회전체 진동 감소를 위한 마그네틱 댐퍼의 설계 및 응용,' 대한기계학회논문집 A, 제 24 권, 제 2 호, pp 355-361