- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Finite Element Analysis for the Variation of Carcass Tension Distribution to the Sidewall-Radius Change
Sidewall 반경변화에 따른 Carcass 장력분포 변동 추이에 관한 유한요소 해석
- Published : 2001.06.01
Tire performance is significantly influenced by the carcass tension distribution that is governed by the sidewall contour. To maximize the tire performance, it is very important for one to find the sidewall contour with the ideal tension distribution. But it is not easy to find such an optimal sidewall contour. Therefore, in order for a successful tire-shape optimization, we need to investigate how the change of sidewall radius influences on the carcass tension distribution. In this paper, we intend to numerically investigate the relation between the sidewall-radius change and the carcass tension distribution.
Cord Tension;Carcass;Sidewall;Nonlinearity;Hyperelastic Material;Hypoelastic Material;Contact
- ABAQUS/Standard User's Manual, 1998, Version 5.8, Hibbitt, Karlsson and Sorensen, Inc., Pawtucket, RI.
- Malvern, L. E., 1969, Introduction to the Mechanics of a Continuous Medium, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey
- Bathe, K. J., 1996, Finite Element Procedures, Prentice Hall, Inc., Singapore
- Oden, J. T. and Carey, G. F., 1984, Finite Elements; Special Problems in Solid Mechanics, Vol. V, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey
- Clark, S. K., 1982, Mechanics of Pneumatic Tires, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C. 20402
- ビ-デルマン 著, 貞政忠利 譯, 1979, 自動車タイヤ工學, 現代工學社, 東京
- Nakajima, Y., Kamegawa, T. and Abe, A., 1996, 'Theory of Optimum Tire Contour and Its Application,' Tire Science and Technology, TSTCA, Vol. 24, No.3, pp. 184-203 https://doi.org/10.2346/1.2137518
- Nakayama, H. and Furukawa, K., 1985, 'Satisficing Trade-Off Method with an Application to Multiobjective Structural Design,' Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., pp. 47-57