- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Nuclear Piping Integriry Expert System (II) -System Development and Case Studies-
원자력배관 건전성평가 전문가시스템 개발(II) -시스템 개발 및 사례해석-
- Published : 2001.06.01
The objective of this paper is to develop an expert system called NPIES for nuclear piping integrity. This paper describes the structure and the development strategy of the NPIES system. The NPIES system consists of 3 part; the data input part, the analysis part and the output part. The data input part consists of the material properties database module and the suer interface module. The analysis part consists of the LEFM, CDFD, J/T, limit load modules and the 12 analysis routines for different cracks and loading conditions are provided respectively. Analysis results are presented to screen, printer and text file in the output part. Several case studies on circumferentially cracked piping were performed to evaluate the accuracy and the usefulness of the code. Maximum piping loads predicted by the NPIES system agreed well with those by the 3-dimensional finite element analysis. In addition, even if the material properties were not fully given, the NPIES system provided reasonable evaluation results with the predicted material properties inferred from the material properties database module.
Nuclear Piping;Integrity Evaluation;Crack;FMA;Material Properties Inference
- Zahoor, A. and Gamble, R.M., 1986, 'Evaluation of Flawed Pipe Experiments,' Electric Power Research Institute, EPRI NP-4883M
- Burst, F.W., 1987, 'Approximate Methods for Fracture Analyses of Through-Wall Cracked Pipes,' Battelle, NUREG/CR-4853
- HKS, 1998, 'ABAQUS User's Manual,' Hibbitt, Karlson & Sorensen, Inc
- 허남수, 김영진, 표창률, 유영준, 양준석, 1999, '차세대 원전배관의 LBB 적용을 위한 수정배관선도의 개발,' 대한기계학회 논문집 A권, 제23권, 제5호, pp. 763-771
- Microsoft, 1999, 'MS-Access user's guide.'
- Neuron Data, 1996, 'Intelligent Rules Element User's Guide.'
- Zahoor, A. 1989, 'Ductile Fracture Handbook Volume I, II, III,' Electric Power Research Institute, NP-631O-D N14-1
- USNRC Piping Review Commission, 1983, 'Evaluation of Potential for Pipe Break,' NUREG-1061, Vol. 3
- Norris, D.M. and Chexal, B., 1987, 'Pipe Crack Evaluation Program,' Electric Power Research Institute, Topical Report No. EPRI NP-3596-SR
- Battelle, 1997, 'Pipe Fracture Encyclopedia Test Data - Volume III.'
- Kumar, V. et, al., 1984, 'Advances in Elastic Plastic Fracture Analysis,' Electric Power Research Institute, EPRI NP-3607
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1998, 'ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section XL'
- Okamoto, A. and Norris, D.M., 1988, 'FLET : Pipe Crack Instability Program,' EPRI
- NRCPIPE, 1996, 'NRCPIPE Windows Version 3.0 User's Guide,' Battelle
- NRCPIPES, 1996, 'NRCPIPES Windows Version 3.0 User's Guide,' Battelle
- Kim,Y.J., Son, S.H., Choi, J.B. and Chung, H.D., 1993, 'Development of Elastic-plastic Integrity Eevaluation System for Pressure Vessel and Piping,' Nuclear Engineering and Design 142, pp. 61-68 https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(93)90029-9
- 김영진, 석창성, 전현규, 최영환, 이정배, 1996, '원자력배관 건전성평가 전문가시스템 개발(I)-평가법 제시 및 재료물성치 추론,' 대한기계학회논문집(A), 제20권 제 2호, pp. 575-584
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1989, 'ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section III.'