- Volume 6 Issue 2
Immunological Assay to Detect Irradiated Beef
- Lee, Ju-Woon (Team for Radiation Food Science and Biotechnology, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Yook, Hong-Sun (Team for Radiation Food Science and Biotechnology, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Hyun-Ja (Department of Home Economics, Hankyung National University) ;
- Kim, Jung-Ok (Department of Home Economics, King Sejong University) ;
- Byun, Myung-Woo (Team for Radiation Food Science and Biotechnology, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Published : 2001.06.01
Competitive indirect enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (Ci-ELISA) was used to obtain the preliminary data for the detection of irradiated beef. Ci-ELISA was individually formatted with polyclonal antibodies produced from 2 kinds of bovine proteins, myosin and bovine serum albumin (BSA). Beef round, loin and tender loin were vacuum-packaged and subdivided into 3 groups of 1) irradiation; 2) irradiation and chilled at 4
- Food Technol. v.48 Wholesomeness of irradiated foods Thayer, D.W.
- Food Technol. v.52 Irradiation of food Olson, D.G.
- FSIS Directives 5000.1 and 5400.5 Irradiation of meat and poultry products USDA
- Trends Food Sci. Technol. v.9 Detection of food trealted with ionizing radiation Delincee, H.
- Organisation Mondiale De La Sante(Provisional Edition) Review of the safety and nutritional adequacy of irradiated food WHO/HPP/FOS.
- Anal. Chem. v.60 Detection of irradiated food : Use of hydroxyl radical biomarkers Karam, L.R.;Simic, M.G.
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.46 Changes in structural and antigenic properties of proteins by radiation Kume,T.;Matsuda, T.
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.51 Amino acid and protein changes in tilapia and spanish mackerel after irradiation and storage Al-kahtani, H.A.;Abu-tarbouch, H.M.;Atia, M.;Bajaber, A.S.;Ahmed, M.A.;El-mojaddidi, M.A.
- Inter. J. Rad. Biol. v.72 Lysozyme fragmentation induced by γ-radiolysis Filali-mouhim, A.;Audette, M.;St-louis, M.;Thauvette, L.;Denoroy, L.;Penin, F.;Chen, X.;Rouleau, N.;Le Caer, J.P.;Rossier, J.;Potier, M.;Le Maire, M.
- J. Sci. Food Agric. v.65 Immunochemical identification of irradiated chicken eggs Kume, T.;Ishii, T.;Matsuda, T.
- J. Food Prot. v.63 Effects of gamma irradiation on the conformational and antigenic properties of a heat-stable major allergen in brown shrimp Byun, M.W.;Kim, J.H.;Lee, J.W.;Park, J.W.;Hong, C.S.;Kang, I.J.
- J. Food Prot. v.64 Effects of gamma radiation on the allergenic and antigenic properties of a heat-stable major allergen in brown shrimp Lee, J.W.;Kim, J.H.;Yook, H.S.;Kang, K.O.;Lee, S.Y.;Hwang, H.J.;Byun, M.W.
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Kon-Kuk University Application of immunoassay for monitoring conformational changes of myosin under physico-chemical treatment Lee, J.W.
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.58 Conformational changes of myosin by gamma irradiation Lee, J.W.;Yook, H.S.;Lee, K.H.;Kim, J.H.;Kim, W.J.;Byun, M.W.
- Manual on Radiation Dosimetry Holm, N.W.;Berry, R.J.
- Meat Sci. v.33 Definition of optimum freezing rate-2. Investigation of the physico-chemical properties of beef M.longissimus dorsi frozen at different freezing rates Petrovic, L.;Grujic, R.;Petrovic, M.
- SAS/STATTM User's Guide SAS
- Meat Sci. v.20 The effect of curing and cooking on the detection of species origin of meat products by competitive and indirect ELISA techniques Dincer, B.;Spearow, J.L.;Cassens, R.G.;Greaser, M.L.
- Meat Sci. v.15 Double-antibody ELISA for detection of trace amount of pig meat in raw meat mixtures Jones, S.J.;Patterson, R.L.S.
- Meat Sci. v.34 Determination of papain in raw meat by immunoassay Sargeart, J.G.;Bowrc, H.M.;Billington, M.J.
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Chungnam National University Effect of gamma irradiation on the microbiological, biochemical, morphological, nutritional, toxicological and food processing characteristics of beef Yook, H.S.
- J. Food Sci. v.56 Changes in titin and nebulin in postmortem bovine muscle revealed by gel electrophoresis, western blotting and immunofluorescence microscopy Fritz, J.D.;Greaser, M.L.
- J. Mol. Biol. v.111 Studies on the chymotryptic digestion of myosin. Effects of divalent cations on proteolytic susceptibility Weeds, A.G.;Pope, B.
- J. Food Technol. v.21 Effect of frozen storage on protein denaturation in bovine muscle. Ⅰ. Myofibrillar ATPase activity and differential sanning calorimetric studies Wagner, J.R.;Anon, M.C.
- J. Food Technol. v.21 Effect of frozen storage on protein denaturation in bovine muscle. Ⅱ. Influence on solubility, viscosity and electrophoretic behaviour of myofibrillar proteins Wagner, J.R.;Anon, M.C.