- Volume 6 Issue 2
Comparison of Jujube Extract with Tangerine Peel Extract in Lowering Plasma Lipids and Activities of Cholesterol Regulating Enzymes in Cholesterol-Fed Rats
- Park, Myung-Sook (Department of Nutrition and Food Science, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Bok, Song-Hae (Korea Research Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology)
- Published : 2001.06.01
A potential mechanism through which the jujube extract might produce a cholesterol-lowering effect was compared with that of tangerine peel extract in vivo. Two extracts were prepared using ethanol. Male rats were fed a high cholesterol (1%, w/w) lab chow with jujube extract (1.2%) or tangerine peel extract (6.3%, w/w) for 3 weeks. Activities of hepatic HMG-CoA reductase (289.6
- Atherosclerosis v.118 no.Suppl Serum cholesterol and ischaemic heart disease Wald, N.J.;Law, M.R.
- Pharmacology v.46 MG 12561 (Dalvastatin) : A novel synthetic inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase and cholesterol-lowering agent Amin, D.;Gustafson, S.K.;Weinacht, J.M.;Cornell, S.A.;Neuenschwander, K.;Scotese, A.C.;Regan, J.R.;Perrone, M.H.
- Am. J. Cario. v.2 Discovery, biochemistry and biology of lovastatin Alberts, A.W.
- Biochim. Biophy. Acta. v.1254 The mechanism of lack of hypocholesterolemic effects of pravastatin sodium, a 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl cocnzyme A reductase inhibitor, in rats Fujioka, T.;Nara, F.;Tsujita, Y.;Fukushige, J.;Fukami, M.;Kuroda, M.
- Arch. Intern. Med. v.153 I through Ⅳ, Lovastatin 5-year safety and efficacy study Lovastatin study groups
- Biochim. Biophy. Acta. v.1167 Effect of fluvastatin sodium (XU62-320), a new inhibitor of 3 hydroxy-3-methyl glutaryl coenzyme A reductase, on the induction of low-density lipoprotein receptor in HepG2 cells Hayashi, K.;Kurokawa, J.;Nomura, S.;Kuga, Y.;Ohkura, Y.;Kajiyama, G.
- J. Lipid Res. v.26 Role of acyl-CoA : cholesterol acyltransferase in cellular cholesterol metabolism Suckling, K.E.;Stange, E.F.
- J. Lipid Res. v.245 Role of acyl CoA: cholesterol acyltransferase in cholesterol absorption and its inhibition by 57-118 in the rabbit Heidner, J.G.;Pickens, C.E.;Kelly, L.A.
- Comp. Biochem. Physiol. A v.99 Effects of acyl-CoA:cholesterol O-acyltransferase inhibition of cholesterol absorption and plasma lipoprotein composition in hamsters Schnitzer-Polokoff, R.;Compton, D.;Boykow, G.;Davis, H.;Buttier, R.
- Atherosclerosis v.113 TMP-153, a novel ACAT inhibitor, inhibits cholesterol in rats and hamsters Sugiyama, Y.;Ishikawa, E.;Odaka, H.;Miki, N.;Tawada, H.;Ikeda, H.
- vivo v.8 In vivo effect of dietary factors on the molecular action of aflatoxin B: role of non-nutrient phenolic compounds on the catalytic activity of liver fraction Aboobaker, V.S.;Balgi, A.D.;Bhattacharya, R.K.
- Cancer Res. v.41 Activation and inhibition of benzo (a)pyrenc and aflatoxin B1 metabolism in human liver microsomes by naturally occurring flavonoids Buening, M.K.;Chang, R.L.;Huang, M.T.;Forther, J.G.;Wood, A.W.;Conney, A.H.
- J. Pharm. Pharmacol. v.46 Pharmacological evaluation of th anti-inflammatory activity of a citrus bioflavonoid, hesperidin, and the isoflavonoids, duartin and claussequinone in rats and mice Emim, J.A.;Oliveira, A.B.;Lapa, A.J.
- J. Nutr. v.129 Plasma and hepatic choleserol and hepatic activities of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase and acyl CoA:cholesterol acltransferase are lower in rats fed citrus peel extract or a mixture of citrus bioflavonoids Bok, S.H.;Lee, S.H.;Park, Y.B.;Bae, S.H.;Son, K.H.;Jeong, T.S.;Choi, M.S.
- Nutr. Res. v.19 Hypocholesterolemic effect of hesperetin mediated by inhibition of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase and acyl coenzyme A : cholesterol acyltransferase in rats fed high-cholesterol diet Lee, S.H.;Jeong, T.S.;Park, Y.B.;Kwon, Y.K.;Choi, M.S.;Bok, S.H.
- Clin. Chem. v.20 Enzymatic determination of total serum cholesterol Allain, C.C.;Poon. L.S.;Chan, C.S.G.;Richman, W.;Fu, P.C.
- J. Lipid Res. v.19 A comprehensive evaluation of the heparin-manganease precipitation procedure for estimating high density lipoprotein cholesterol Warnick, R.G.;Albers, J.J.
- Clin. Chem. v.29 A peroxidase-coupled method for the colorimetric determination of serum triglycerides McGowan, M.W.;Artiss, J.D.;Strandbergh, D.R.;Zak, B.
- J. Lipid Res. v.14 Simplified spectrophotometric assay for microsomal 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA reductase by measurement of coenzyme A Hulcher, F.H.;Oleson, W.H.
- Anal. Biochem. v.72 A rapid and sensitive method for the quantification of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding Bradford, M.M.
- Biochim. Biophy. Acta. v.370 Micro assay for 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase in rat liver and in L-cell fibroblasts Shapiro, D.J.;Nordstron, J.L.;Mitschelen, J.J.;Rodwell, V.W.;Schimke, R.T.
- J. Lipid Res. v.21 Rat liver acyl-coenzyme A: choleserol acyltransferase: its regulation in vivo and some of properties in vitro Erickson, S.K.;Schrewsbery, M.A.;Brooks, C.;Meyer, D.J.
- Exp. Mole. Pathol. v.44 Regulation of acyl-CoA : Cholesterol acyltransferase activity in normal and atherosclerotic rabbit aortas: Role of a cholesterol substrate pool Gillies, P.J.;Rathgeb, K.A.;Robinson, C.S.
- Bio. Biotech. Biochem. v.61 Hesperidin as an inhibitor of lipase from porcine pancreas and Pseudomonas Kawaguchi, K.;Mizuno, T.;Aida, K.;Uchino, K.
- Farmaco. v.50 Biological effects of hesperidin, a citrus flavonoid (note Ⅱ): hypolipidemic activity on experimental hypercholesterolemia in rat Monforte, M.T.;Trovato, A.;Kirjavainen, S.;Forestieri, A.M.;Galati, E.M.;Lo Curto, R.B.
- Archiv. Biochem. Biophy. v.325 Inhibitors of cholesterol biosynthesis increase hepatic low-density lipoprotein receptor protein degradation Ness, G.C.;Zhao, Z.;Lopez, D.
- Proc. Natl. Acad Sci. USA v.83 Mevinolin, and inhibitor of cholesterol synthesis, induces mRNA for low density lipoprotein receptor in livers of hamsters and rabbits Ma, P.T.S.;Gil, G.;Sudhog, T.C.;Bilheimer, D.W.;Goldstein, J.L.;Brown, M.S.
- Biochim. Biophy. Acta. v.575 Effects of ML-236B on cholesterol metabolism in mice and rats : lack of hypocholesterolemic activity in normal animals Endo, A.;Tsujita, Y.;Kuroda, M.;Tanzawa, K.
- J. Lipid Res. v.34 Plasma cholesteryl ester transfer protein Tall, A.R.
- Lipids v.30 The effects of simvastatin and cholestyramine, alone and in combination, on hepatic cholesterol metabolism in the male rat Shand, J.H.;West, D.W.