- Volume 6 Issue 2
Effect of Solvent Extraction on the Anti-complementary Activities of Green and Ripe Cucurbita moschata Duch
- Yang, Jin-Ok (Department of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Chang-Jin (Korea Research Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology) ;
- Song, Kyung-Bin (Department of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University)
- Published : 2001.06.01
The edible part of cucurbita moschata Duch, which is commonly used as a Korean traditional medicine as well as a popular food source, was studied to isolate anti-complementary substance. Extracts of Cucurbita moschata Duch showed significant anti-complementary activities on the classical pathway of the complement system. Especially, the ripe Cucurbita moschata Duch had more activity than that of the complement system. Especially, the ripe Cucurbita moschata Duch had more activity than that of the green one in terms of the overall anti-complementary activity. Among the extracts of various organic solvents of the ripe Cucurbita moschata Duch, chloroform and ethyl-acetate extracts, which are non-polar solvent extracts, showed the strongest activities. These results suggest that the major difference in the solvent extraction for the anti-complementary substances depends on the change in the chemical composition such as the fatty acid with the degree of ripening.
- Immunology Complement Walpott, M.;Roitt, I.(ed.);Broscoff, J.(ed.);Male, D.(ed.)
- Nature v.371 Immunology. Drawing a double-edged sword Colten, H.R.
- Int. J. Pharmacognosy v.33 A review of terrestrial plants and marine organisms having anti-inflammatory activity Bingol, F.;Sener, B.
- Carbohydr. Res. v.189 Structural characterization of an anti-complementary pectic polysaccharide from the root of Bupleurum falcatum Yamada, H.;Ra, K.S.;Kiyohara, H.;Cyong, J.C.;Yang, H.C.;Otsuka, Y.
- J. Nat. Product v.58 In vitro anticomplemcntay activity of constituents from Morinda morindoides Cimanga, K.T.D.;Bruyne, A.;Lasure, B.;van Poel, L.;Pieters, L.;Berghe, D.V.;Vlietinck, A.
- FBES Lett. v.358 Curcacycline A- a novel cyclic octapeptide isolated from the latex of Jatropha curcas L van den Berg, A.J.;Horsten, S.F.;Kettenes-van den Bosch, J.J.;Kroes, B.H.;Beulelman, C.J.;Leeflang, B.R.;Labadie, R.P.
- Planta Med. v.64 Anti-complementary activity of constituents from the heartwood of caesalpinia sappan Oh, S.R.;Kim, D.S.;Lee, I.S.;Jung, K.Y.;Lee, J.J.;Lee, H.K.
- Gen. Pharmacol. v.32 Anticomplementary activity of triterpenes from Crataeva nurvala stem bark in adjuvant arthritis in rats Geetha, T.;Varalakshmi, P.
- J. Ethnopharm. v.70 Studies on anti-complementay activity of extracts and isolated flavones from Ligustrum vulgare and Phillyrea latifolia leaves Pieroni, A.;Pachaly, P.Huang, Y.;Poel, B.V.;Vlietinck, A.J.
- J. Kor. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.26 Chemical components in different parts of pumpkin Park, Y.;Cha, H.;Park, M.;Kang, Y.;Seog, H.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.29 Chemical composition of ripened and green pumpkin Cho, K.S.
- Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. v.61 Cannabimimetic fatty acid derivatives in cancer and inflammation Di Marzo, V.;Melck, D.;De Petrocellis, L.; Bisogno, T.
- Anal. Biochem. v.280 Quantitation of arachidonic acid metabolites in small tissue biopsies by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography Eberhard, J.;Jepsen, S.;Albers, H.K.;Acil, Y.