- Volume 6 Issue 4
Short Communication of Novel Application of Food Irradiation
- Cheorun Jo (Team for Radiation Food Science and Biotechnology, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Ju-Wosn (Team for Radiation Food Science and Biotechnology, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Byunl, Myung-Woo (Team for Radiation Food Science and Biotechnology, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Published : 2001.12.01
Irradiation of food is not only used for sanitation purposes but can be used for processing techniques to reduce or eliminate toxic or undesirable compounds on food. Irradiation wag effective to reduce the allergenicity of food by modification of the structure of proteins causing allergy reactions. Volatile N-nitrosmaine was reduced or eliminated by irradiation in the model system study and the breakdown products by irradiation did not recombine under human stomach conditions (pH 2,3, and 4,37
- WHO Technical Report Series 890 High-dose irradiation : Whole-someness of food irradiated with doses above 10 kGy World Health Organization
- Meat Poultry Weighing the risks and benefits Gants, R.
- J. Food Prot. v.64 Effects of gamma radiation on the allergenic and antigenic properties of milk proteins Lee, J.W.;Kim, J.H.;Yook, H.S.;Kang, K.O.;Lee, S.Y.;Hwang, H.J.;Byun, M.W.
- J. Food Sci. Application of gamma irradiation on breakdown of hazardous volatile N-nitrosamines Ahn, H.J.;Yook, H.S.;Rhee, M.S.;Lee, C.H.;Cho, Y.J.;Byun, M.W.
- J. Food Prot. v.62 The improvement of color and shelf life of ham by gamma irradiation Byun, M.W.;Lee, J.W.;Yook, H.S.;Lee, K.H.;Kim, K.P.
- J. Food. Prot. v.63 Effects of gamma radiation on sensory qualities, microbiological and chemical properties of salted and fermented squid Byun, M.W.;Lee, K.H.;Kim, D.H.;Kim, J.H.;Yook, H.S.;Ahn, H.J.
- Paper presented at 25th European Meeting of Meat Research Workers The use of iradiation to reduce or eliminate nitrite in cured meats Wierbicki, E.;Brynjolfsson, A.
- Proceedings of an International Symposium Effect of gamma irradiation on pesticide residues in food products Bachman, S.;Gieszczynska, J.
- J. Food Prot. v.43 Food allergy-The enigma and some potential solutions Taylor, S.
- Allergy v.54 A case of allergy to cow's milk hydrolysate Nilsson, C.;Oman, H.;Harfast, B.
- J. Sci. Food Agric. v.65 Immunochemical identification of irradiated chicken eggs Kume, T.;Ishii, T.;Matsuda, T.
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.58 Conformational changes of myosin by gamma irradation Lee, J.W.;Yook, H.S.;Lee, K.H.;Kim, J.H.;Byun, M.W.
- Science v.177 Ascorbate-nitrite reaction: possible means of blocking the formation of carcinogenic N-nitroso compounds Mirvish, S.S.;Wallcave, L.;Eugen, M.;Shubik, P.
- Int. J. Cancer v.59 Volatile N-nitrosamines and their precursors in Chinese salted fish-A possible etiological factor for NPC in China Zou, X.N.;Lu, S.H.;Liu, B.
- Food Chem Toxic. v.32 N-nitroso compounds in two nitrosated food products in southwest Korea Seel, D.J.;Kawabata, T.;Nakamura, M.;Ishibashi, T.;Hamano, M.;Mashimo, M.;Shin, S.H.;Sakamoto, K.;Jhee, E.C.;Watanabe, S.
- Fed. Reg. v.48 Action levels for total volatile N-nitrosamines in rubber baby bottle nipples; availability of compliance policy guide Novitch, M.
- Cancer Suveys v.8 Environmental exposure to preformed nitroso compounds Tricker, A.R.;Spiegelhalder, B.;Preussmann, R.
- Mutat. Res. v.428 Effects of ascorbic acid and green tea on endogenous formation of N-nitrosodimethylamine and N-nitrosopidperidine in humans Vermeer, I.T.M.;Moonse, E.J.C.;Dallinga, J.W.;Kleinjans, J.C.S.;Maanen, M.S.
- J. Nat. Cancer Inst. v.85 Tea and cancer Yang, C.S.;Wang, Z.Y.
- Mutat. Res. v.202 Inhibitors of endogenous nitrosation; mechanisms and implications in human cancer preservation Bartsch, H.;Ohshima, H.;Pignatelli, B.
- J. Food Sci. v.56 Chlorophyll stability during continuous aseptic processing and storage Schwartz, S.J.;Lorenzo, T.V.
- J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. v.59 The relationship between rapeseed chlorophyll, rapeseed oil chlorophyll and percentage green seeds Daun, J.K.
- J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. v.63 Hydrogenation of canola oil as affected by chlorophyll Abraham, V.;deMan, J.M.
- J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. v.66 Determination of chlorophyll pigments in crude and degummed canola oils by HPLC and spectrophotometry Daun, J.K.;Thorsteinson, C.T.