- Volume 25 Issue 11
In this Paper, we suggest the precision stage using a novel non-contact planar actuator that utilizes an interaction between an array type of air-core solenoids and permanent magnets. The former with axes arranged in the mutually orthogonal direction is fixed on the stator and the latter with the same polar direction is attached below the stage. The promising magnetic structure has little uncertainty such as hysteresis loss caused by ferromagnetic material, then it is simple to quantify the magnetic phenomenon. And all the magnetic forces are transmitted through narrow air-gap between the coil and the permanent magnet, therefore the structure can be highly compacted. Furthermore, the stage or plate can be perfectly isolated from the stator without any wire connection, leading to diminish the generating possibility of wear particles due to mechanical contact. Then. it is estimated that the proposed operating principle is very suitable for work requiring high accuracy and cleanness. or general-purpose nano stage. The main issues rebated to the plate driving are discussed here.
Planar Actuator;Magnetic Levitation;Superposed Solution;Precision Stage
- Kim, W. J. and Trumper, D. L., 1998, 'High-Precision Magnetic Levitation Stage for Photolithography,' Precision Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 66-77 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-6359(98)00009-9
- Jayawant, B. V., 1981, Electromagnetic Levitation and Suspension Techniques, London : Edward Arnold
- Purcell, E. M., 1994, Electricity and Magnetism, McGraw-Hill, pp. 397-442
- 정광석, 백윤수, 2000, '자기 부상 방식 미세 운동 기구의 동적 모델링,' 대학기계학회논문집, 제24권, 제5호, pp. 1166-1174
- Ohtsuka, H., Tsuchiya, J., Shimizu, T. and Kimura, G., 1996, 'Stator Design of Revolvable Surface Motor,' Proceedings of the IEEE Inter. Conf. on Industrial Technology, pp. 634-637 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIT.1996.601669
- Sawyer, B. A., 1974, 'Actuating System,' U.S.Patent No. 3,857,078, Dec.
- Corb, B. W., Ringger, M. and Guntherodt, H. J., 1985, 'An Electromagnetic Microscopic Positioning Device for the Scanning Tunneling Microscope,' J. of Apply Physics, Vol. 58, No. 11, pp. 3947-3953 https://doi.org/10.1063/1.335568
- Smith, D. P. and Elrod, S. A., 1985, 'Magnetically Driven Micropositioners,' Rev. Sci. Instrum., Vol. 56, No. 10, pp. 1970-1971 https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1138405
- Ebihara, D. and Watada, M., 1989, 'Study of a Basic Structure of Surface Actuator,' IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 3916-3918 https://doi.org/10.1109/20.42476
- 김승우, 이형석, 오정석, 이창우, 1995, '초정밀위치 결정을 위한 이중 서보 제어용 미세 구동 메커니즘,' 대한기계학회논문집, 제19권, 제11호, pp. 2875-2884