- Volume 25 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Thermal Properties of Glass for Effective Salvage Process of Flat Cathode-ray Tube
평면 음극선관의 재생률 향상을 위한 유리재료의 열적 특성에 관한 연구
- Park, Sang-Hu (Dept.of Mechanical Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, Bu-Yun (Dept.of Mechanical Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Won-Jin (Dept.of Mechanical Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Heo, Bo-Seok
- Published : 2001.12.01
The CRT(Cathode-ray Tube) of salvage is a process of separating the panel and funnel to recycle a cathode-ray tube. In this paper, the thermal properties of glass for CRT were studied to improve its recycling ratio. In the salvage process, several patterns of breakage, as called 'comer pull', were easily generated on the sealing surface of panel or funnel glass due to the residual tensile stress, which had correlations with some parameters of the manufacturing process of CRT and the initial material properties of glass. Finite element analyses and experimental approaches on the flit sealing process were carried out to obtain the major characteristic of glass related to the residual stress. From this study, it was identified that the thermal expansion coefficient of glass had much influence on the residual stress of panel glass after frit sealing process. Therefore, the optimal conditions of thermal properties for CRT glass were proposed to achieve an effective salvage process. By using these optimal conditions, the size of comer pull on the panel and funnel glass was reduced to 10% level compared with the original size, and the recycling ratio of CRT was increased in the salvage process.
Flat Cathode-ray Tube;Frit Glass;Salvage Process;Fit Sealing Process;Thermal Expansion Coefficient;Recycling Ratio
- MSC software, 2000, MARC User's manual
- Elst and Wielengna, D.K., 1977, 'The Finite Element Method and the ASKA Program, Applied in Stress Calculations for Television Picture Tube,' Phillips Tech. Rev., Vol. 37, pp. 56-71
- Enstrom, Stepleman, R.S. and Appert, J.R., 1978, 'Application of Finite-Element Methods ot the Analysis of Stress in Television Picture Tube,' RCA Rev., Vol. 37, pp. 665-698
- http://www.techneglas.com, 2000, 'Television Solder Glass Technical Report of Techneglas'