- Volume 45 Issue 4
Study on the Flame Retardation and Thermal Resistance for CPE Rubber Material Added Etching By-product of Aluminum
알루미늄 엣칭부산물을 첨가한 CPE 고무재료의 난연성 및 내열성 연구
- Kim, Kyung Hwan (Department of Chemistry, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, Chang Seop (Department of Chemistry, Keimyung University)
- Published : 20010800
Aluminum Hydroxide was employed as a thermal retardent and flame retardent for Chloropolyethylene (CPE) rubbery materials which is the construction material of automotive oil cooler hose. and then cure characteristics, physical properties, thermal resistance and flame retardation of compounded rubber were investigated, and optimum mixing conditions of rubber and flame retarding agent were deduced from the experimental results. CPE rubber material which has excellent properties of chemical corrosion resistance and cold resistance and inexpensive in price was used to prepare rubber specimen. The by-product of ething, produced from the process of surface treatment of aluminum was processed to aluminum hydroxide via crushing and purification, which is characterized by XRD, PSA, SEM and ICP-AES techniques in terms of phase, size, distribution, morphology and components of particles and then mixed to CPE rubber materials in the range of 0~80 phr. Hardness, tensile strength, elongation and thermal properties of compounded rubber specimens were tested. The optimum mixing ratio of rubber to additives to give maximum effect on thermal resistance and flame retardation, within the range of tolerable specification for rubber materials, was determined to be 40 phr. The flame retardation of CPE rubber materials was found to be increased by 5 times at this mixing ratio.
- J. Korean Ins. of Rubber v.22 Kim, D. K.; Seul, S. D.; Sohn, J. E.
- J. Korean Ins. of Rubber v.24 Moon, D. J.; Kim, D. K.; Seul, S. D.
- J. Korean Ins. of Rubber v.21 Lee, J. U.; Kim, W. K.; Kim, B. H.
- Flame Retardant Polymeric Materials v.I Lewin, M.; Atlas S. M.; Pearce, E. M.
- Elastomer v.30 Cho, W. J.
- Rubber J. v.153 no.3;4 Blanchard, A. F.
- Rubber Chemistry and Technology v.45 Ranney, M. W.; Sollman, K. J.; Pickwell, R. J.
- Rubber Chemistry and Technology v.40 Ssrille, B.; Watson, A. A.
- Rubber Chemistry and Technology v.47 Trelonr, L. R. G.
- Rubber Chemistry and Technology v.53 Wood, L. A.
- Rubber Chemistry and Technology v.53 Llorente, M. A.; Mark, J. E.
- Rubber Chemistry and Technology v.54 Medalia, A. I.
- Rubber Chemistry and Technology v.57 Quirk, R. P.
- Polym. Sci. v.32 Cesca, S. et al. Ado
- Kausch Gumikunstst v.35 Barnard, D.
- J. Kor. Ins. of Rubb. Ind. v.30 신동우;홍청석
- 대한민국 발명특허(출원번호: 10-2000-7644) 이창섭;김종석;홍상표;장경수;박현호;김경환;홍영석
- KS M 6518(가황고무의 물리 시험방법)
- Thermoplastic Elastomers; Hanser/Gardner Holden, G.; Legge, N. R.; Quirk, R.; Schroeder, H.E.
- J. Kor. Ins. of Rubb. Ind. v.30 Jin, J. Y.; Kim, H. S.; Choi, S. Y.
- Polym. Comm. v.32 Jana, P. B.; De, S. K.
- J. Kor. Ins. of Rubb. Ind. v.31 설수덕;최경선
- J. Kor. Ins. of Rubb. Ind. v.31 Ryou, J. H.; Kim, C. H.; Oh, T. S.