- Volume 12 Issue 1
Taguchi parameter design is an approach to reducing performance variation of quality characteristic value in products and processes. Taguchi has used signal-to-noise(SN) ratio to achieve the appropriate set of operating conditions where variability around target is low in the Taguchi parameter design. Many statisticians criticize the Taguchi techniques of analysis, particularly those based on SN ratio. In this paper we propose a substantially simpler optimization procedure for parameter design without resorting to SN ratio.
- Performance Criteria and Statstical Analysis:Part Ⅰ, Technical Report 11 Studies in Quality Improvement: Signal to Noise Ratios Box, G. E. P.
- Technometrics v.30 Signal-to-Noise Ratios, Performance Criteria and Transformations Box, G. E. P.
- Empirical Model-Building and Response Surfaces Box, G. E. P.;Draper, N. R.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.28 Dual Response Optimization via Direct Function Minimization Copeland, K. A. F.;Nelson, P. R.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.25 A Nonlinear Programming Solution to the Dual Response Problem Del Castillo, E.;Montgomery, D. C.
- Technometrics v.29 Performance Measures Independent of Adjustment (with discussion) Leon, R. V.;Shoemaker, A. C.;Kackar, R. N.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.27 Dual Response Surface Optimization Lin, D. K. J.;Tu, W.
- Technometrics v.15 Dual Response Surface Techniques for Dual Response Systems Myers, R. H.;Carter, W. H. Jr.
- AT T Technical v.65 Data Analysis Strategy for Quality Engineering Experiments Nair, V. N.;Pregibon, D.
- White Plains System of Experimental Design: Engineering Methods to Optimize Quality And Minimize Cost Taguchi, G.
- Journal of Quality Technology v.22 Combining Taguchi and Response Surface Philosophies: A Dual Response Approach Vining, G. G.;Myers, R. H.