- Volume 13 Issue 6
The present study is concerned with the arc-length method in the investigation of the large deflection behavior of spatial structures with composite materials. This study should be able to trace the main equilibrium path by automatically varying the arc-length size of individual solution steps with the variation of the curvature of the nonlinear equilibrium path. A quasi-elastic method is used for the solution for viscoelastic analysis of the reticulated spatial structures. Elastic modulus of composite materials is defined by micro mechanical materials modeling method and nonlinear equilibrium path is traced with various load types. To demonstrate the effectiveness of the present strategies, numerical examples of reticulated spatial truss is given and compared with solutions using other methods.
- Composite Materials v.2 Viscoelatic Behavior and Anlaysis of composite Mateials Schapery, R. A.;Broutman, L. J.(ed.);Krock, r. H.(ed.)
- J. of Structural Div. v.101 no.ST12 Non-linear analysis of reticulated space trusses Jagannathan, D. S.;Espstein, H. I.;Christiano
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.17 Improved iteration Strategy for nonlinear structure Powell, G.;Simons, J.
- Computer & Structures v.14 Post-buckling analysis of spatial structures by vector iteration methods Papadrakakis, M.
- Computer & Structures v.21 Location of stable and unstable equilibrium configuration using a model truss region quasi-Newton method and tunneling Kwok, H. H.;Kamat, M. P.;Watson, L. T.
- Computer & Structures v.26 An improved automatic incremental algorithm for the efficient solution of nonlinear finite element equation Bellini, P. X.;Chulya, A.
- Journal of KSCE v.10 Automatic load and displacement incremental algorithm for geometric non-linear finite element analysis of the non-conservative forces Kim, M. Y.;Chang, S. P.
- Journal of KSSC v.2 Geometric non-linear finite element analysis of the space truss Kim, M. Y.;Chang, S. P.
- Journal of KSSC v.8 The improved load/displacement incremental method Kim, M. Y.;Chu, S. B.;Chang, S. P.
- Finite Element Procedures in Engineering Analysis Bathe, K. J.
- computers & Structures v.13 A fast incremental/iterative solution procedure that handles snap-through Crisfield, M. A.
- Nonlinear finite element analysis in structural mechanics Strategies for tracing the non-linear response near limit points Ramm, E.;Wunderlich, E. Stein(ed.);Bathe, K. J.(ed.)
- Computers & Structures v.12 Solution algorithm for nonlinear structural problems Bergan, P. G.
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.12 Solution techniques for non-linear finite element problems Bergan, P. G.;Horrigmoe G.;Krakeland, B.;Soreide, T. H.
- International Journal for numerical Methods in Engineering v.18 A family of solution algorithms for nonlinear structural analysis based on relaxation equations Park, K. C.
- J. of Structural Engineering v.114 no.1 Viscoelastic Sandwich Plates with Crossply Faces Kim, C. K.;Hong, C. S.
- Computers & Structures v.17 On the automatic solution of nonlinear finite element equation Bathe, K. J.;Dvorikin, E. N.
- international Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.14 Incremental displacement algorithms for nonlinear problems Batoz, J. H.;Dhatt, G.
- Computers & Structures v.13 A large deformation formulation for shell analysis by the finite element method Kanuk-Nukulchai, W;Taylor, R. L.;Hughes, T. J. R.
- M. Thesis Nonlinear analysis of space russ sructures subjected to arbitrary concentrated load Nam, S. J.
- Non-linear finite element analysis for solids and structures Crisfield, M. A.
- E&FN SPON Composite structures for Civil and Architectural Engineering Kim, D. H.
- Mechanics of Composite Materials Jones, R. M.
- Mechanics of Laminataed composite Plates Reddy, J. N.