- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Decontamination of PCBs by Hybrid Adsorption/Regeneration on Granular Activated Carbon
입자상 활성탄의 흡착과 재생에 의한 PCBs 오염제거
- Published : 2002.04.20
Counterflow oxidation was developed and evaluated for treatment of organics that adsorbed in/on granular activated carbon(GAC). This reaction is a method that destructs and removes organics adsorbed, at the same time, regenerates waste carbon, uti lizing a self-sustained flame which propagates itself ina direction counter to the oxygen flow. The results showed that the mass loss of carbon and flam temperature were strongly dependent on the flow rate of oxyen, adsorptive capability of regenerated carbon completely was recovered, as well as destrution and removal efficiency of thermally stable PCBs was achieved with the value of better than 99.99%.
activated carbon;regneration;counterflow oxidation reation;polychlorinated biphenyls
- Sullivan, J. R. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 1983, 30, 58 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01610099
- Ruggeri, B.; Tundo, P.; Tumiatti, W. Chem. Eng. Sci. 1990, 45, 2687. https://doi.org/10.1016/0009-2509(90)80159-C
- Brunce, N. J.; Lamders, J.; Langshaw, J.; Nakai, J. S. Environ. Sci. Technol. 1989, 23, 213. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00179a013
- Brinkman, U. A. Th; De Kok, A. Halogenated Biphenyls, Terphenyls, Naphthalenes, dibenzodioxins and Related Products, Production, Properties nad Usages; Elsevier;North-Holland Biomedical Press: New York, 1980; pp 1-40.
- Brunelle, D. J.; Mendlratta, A. K.; Singleton, D. A. Environ. Sci. Technol. 1985, 19, 740. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00138a015
- Thayer, A. M. Chem. Eng. News. 1991, August 29, pp 23-44.
- Moolenaar, R. U. S. EPA; Report No. LSI-TR-507-137B, NTIS No. PB84-135771, 1983; pp 67-96.
- Erickson, M. D. Analytical Chemistry of PCBs; Ann Arber Science: Massachusetts, 1986; p. 5-54.
- Atlas, E.; Giam, C. S. Science 1981, 211, 163.
- Safe, S.; Safe, L.; Mullin, M. J. J. Agric. Food. Chem. 1985, 33, 24 https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00061a007
- Brunce, N. J. Chemosphere 1982, 11, 701. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-6535(82)90099-6
- Mes, J.; Davis, D. J. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 1982, 28, 97. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01608420
- Hunt, G. T.; Wolf, P.; Fennelly, P. F. Environ. Sci. Technol. 1984, 18, 171.
- Ross, R. A.; Lemay, R. Environ. Sci. Technol. 1987, 21, 1115. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00164a013