- Volume 46 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Problem-solving Process in Compensation Performance of Middle School Students
중학교 학생들의 보상문제해결 과정에 대한 분석
- Nam, Jeong Hui (Department of Chemistry Education, Pusan National University) ;
- Yun, Gyeong Rim (Department of Science Education, Ewha Womans University) ;
- Lee, Sang Gwon (Department of Chemistry Education, Korea National University of Education) ;
- Han, In Sik (Department of Science Education, Ewha Womans University)
- Published : 2002.12.20
The purpose of this study was to analyze the problem-solving process of student's compensation con-cept.For this purpose, verbal interactions during activities were audio-taped, transcribed, and analyzed. And classroom observation and interview with students were carried out. Students who were superior in mathematical operations tended to explain compensation concept using proportionality. On the other hand, students who had low level of conservation concept can not connect 'relation of two variables' with 'conservation of equilibrium' at the formation process of com-pensation concept. Students who succeed in the formation of compensation concept showed high level of conservation concept. To promote the formation of compensation concept, it is necessary that how to develop proportional concept and conservation concept as closely related with compensation concept should be studied.
- 한종하. 과학교육연구논총 1978,3,2.
- Rosenthal, D. A. Journal of Genetic Psychology 1979,134, 125. https://doi.org/10.1080/00221325.1979.10533405
- Feuerstein, R.; Rand, Y.; Hoffman, M.; Miller, M.Instrumental enrichment: An intervention programmefor cognitive modifiability; University Park Press: Baltimore,1980.
- Strang, J.; Shayer, M. International Journal of ScienceEducation 1993, 15, 319. https://doi.org/10.1080/0950069930150309
- Adey, P. S.; Shayer, M. Journal of Research in ScienceTeaching 1990, 27, 267. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660270309
- Adey, P. S.; Shayer, M. Journal of Research in ScienceTeaching 1992a, 29, 81. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660290108
- Adey, P. S.; Shayer, M. Journal of Research in ScienceTeaching 1993, 30, 351. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660300404
- Larsen, G. Y.; Flavell, J. H. Child Development 1970,41, 965. https://doi.org/10.2307/1127325
- Piaget, J. The Origin of Intelligence in Children; InternationalUniversities Press: New York, 1952.
- 최병순. 화학교육 1987, 14
- Lawson, A. E. Journal of Research in Science Teaching1985, 22, 569. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660220702
- Khun, D.; Angelev, J. Child Development 1979, 47, 697. https://doi.org/10.2307/1128184
- Adey, P. S.; Shayer, M. Journal of Research in ScienceTeaching 1992b, 29, 1101. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660291007
- Adey, P. S.; Shayer, M. Physics Education 1988, 23, 97. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9120/23/2/005
- Adey, P. S. The science of thinking, and science forthinking: a description of cognitive acceleration throughscience education(CASE); UNESCO International Bureauof Education, 1999.
- 강순희;박종윤. 대한화학회지 1999, 43, 578.
- Raven, R. J. Science Education 1973, 57, 377. https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.3730570316
- 박종윤;강순희. 화학교육 1993, 20.
- 한종하. 중 고등학교 학생의 과학적 사고 발달에 관한 조사연구. 한국교육개발원, 1982.
- 김영식. 이동의 인자수준에 따른 변인통제 능력의 형성과 특수전이 효과에 관한 연구. 한국교원대학교 석사학위 논문, 1999.
- Mehl, M. The cognitive difficulties of first year physicsstudents at the University of the Western Cape and variouscompensatory programmes. Ph. D Theses, Universityof Cape Town, 1985.
- Piaget, J; Inhelder, B. The growth of logical thinking:From childhood to adolescence; Routledge & Kegan PaulLTD: London, 1958.
- Raven, R. J. Science Education 1977, 61, 271. https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.3730610302
- 최병순;허명. 한국과학교육학회지 1987, 7, 19.
- Adey, P. S. International journal of science education1988, 10, 121. https://doi.org/10.1080/0950069880100201
- Phillips, J. L. Piaget's theory; Freeman, 1981.
- Lawson, A. E.; Wollman, W. T. Journal of Research inScience Teaching 1976, 13, 413. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660130505
- 전우수;권용주;Lawson, A. E. 한국과학교육학회지 1999, 19, 117.
- Adey, P. S.; Shayer, M.; Wylam. H. Group test of cognitive development ideals and a realization CSMS, Chelsea College Center for Science Education, London, 1981.
- Adey, P. S.; Shayer, M. Really raising standards:Cognitive intervention and academic achievement;Routledge: London, 1994.