- Volume 6 Issue 2
The musk has been reported to have significant anti-inflammatory activities in clinical use and several animal models and we examined the effects of water soluble fraction(WSF) of the musk on murine peritoneal macrophages. WSF decreased the production of nitric oxide from the lipopolysaccharide(LPS)-treated murine peritoneal macrophages and also reduced the phagocytic activity of macrophages on the opsonized sheep red blood cells(SRBC). Transcriptional expression level of the inducible nitric oxide synthase(iNOS) was also decreased and the viability of the treated macrophages was not affected by WSF, suggesting that the effects could be partly explained by transcriptional regulation. Contrary to down-regulating iNOS expression, WSF slightly increased the release of tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- 본초학 이상인(외 15인)
- Yakugaku zasshi v.98 Fundamental research on the pharmacological activity of oriental drugs XII Kimura, M.;Waki, I.;Inagaki, J.
- Indian J Physiol Pharmacol v.17 Studies on the anti-inflammatory activity of musk and its possible mode of action Taneja, V.;Siddiqui, H.;Arora, R.
- Yakugaku zasshi v.98 Fundamental research on the pharmacological activity of oriental drugs XI Kimura, M.;Waki, I.;Ishida, M.
- Gen. Pharmac. v.18 Pharmacological properties of musk Morishita, S.;Mishima, Y.;Shoji, M.
- Chem. Pharm. Bull. v.23 Study on the components of musk Do, J.;Kitatsuji, E.;Yoshii, E.
- J. Chem. Ecol. v.13 Musk deer: Reinvestigation of main lipid components from preputial gland secretion Sokolov, V.;Kagan, M.(et al.)
- Acta Pharmac. Sinica v.15 Studies on the antiinflammatory principle of musk Yu, D.;Liu, X.;Gao, S.
- Acta Pharmac. Sinica v.23 The pharmacological activities of musk II Zhu, X.;Wang, W.;Xu, G.
- Acta Academiae Medicinae Sinicae v.11 The pharmacological activities of musk III Zhu, X.(et al.)
- Life Sciences v.71 Effect of naturally occurring organosulfur compounds on nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-activated macrophages Ippoushi, K.(et al.)
- Biochem. Pharmacol. v.57 Effects of the wine polyphenolics quercetin and resveratrol on pro-inflammatory cytokine expression in RAW 264.7 macrophages Wadsworth, T.L.;Koop, D.R.
- Immunol. Lett. v.63 Prostaglandin and nitric oxide regulate TNF-a production during Trypanosoma cruzi infection Borges, M.M.;Kloetzel, J.K.(et al.)