- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Evaluation of Burst Pressure for Corroded Pipeline by Full Scale Burst Test
실배관 파열시험을 통한 부식배관의 파열압력 평가
- Kim, Yeong-Pyo (Research and Development Center, Korea Gas Corporation) ;
- Baek, Jong-Hyeon (Research and Development Center, Korea Gas Corporation) ;
- Kim, U-Sik (Research and Development Center, Korea Gas Corporation) ;
- Go, Yeong-Tae
- Published : 2002.01.01
The transmission pipeline industry spends many millions of dollars annually performing inline inspections, excavating sites of possible corrosion, and repairing or replacing damaged sections of pipe. New criteria fur evaluation of the integrity of corroded pipe have been developed in recent years to help in controlling these costs. These new criteria vary widely in their estimates of integrity and the most appropriate criterion fur a given pipeline is net always clear. This paper presents an overview, comparison and evaluation of acceptability criteria for corrosion deflects in pipelines. By full scale burst tests, this paper has assessed the relative accuracy of each of theses criteria in predicting burst pressure. Many of the criteria appear to be excessively conservative and indicate that deflects must be repaired when none is needed, based upon burst test data.
Corroded Pipeline;Full Scale Burst Test;Burst Pressure;Natural Gas Pipeline
- RSTRENG Software Manual, Technical Toolboxes, Inc., 1993
- API 5L, 1995, American Petroleum Institute, 'Specification for line pipe'
- John F. Kiefner and Patick H. Vieth, 1990, 'New Method Corrects Criterion for Evaluating Corroded Pipe,' Oil & Gas Journal, pp. 56-59
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME B31G, 1991, 'Manual for Determining the Remaining Strength of Corroded Pipelines.'
- Denny. R. Stephens and Robert B. Francini, 2000, 'A Review and Evaluation of Remaining Strength Criteria for Corrosion Defects in Transmission Pipelines,' Proceeding of ETCE/OMAE 200 Joint Conference, ETCE2000/OGPT-10255
- 이억섭, 김호중, 1999, '외부부식의 형상이 파이프라인의 파손예측에 미치는 영향,' 대한기계학회논문집 A권, 제23권 11호, pp. 2096-2101
- 이억섭, 윤해룡, 2001, '매설배관의 건전성 평가,' 대한기계학회 2001년도 춘계학술대회논문집 A권, pp. 333-338
- Fu. B., and Kirkwood. M. G., 1995, 'Determination of Failure Pressure of Corroded Linepipes Using the Nonlinear Finite Element Method,' Pipeline Technology, Vol. II, pp. 1-9
- K.E.W. Coulson, and R.G. Worthingham, 1990, ' New Guidelines Promise More Accurate Damage Assessment,' Oil & Gas Journal, pp. 41-44
- Coulson K. E. W. and Worthingham. R. G., 1990, 'Standard Damage Assessment Approach Is Overly Conservative,' Oil & Gas Journal, pp. 54-59
- Glynn Jones. E., 1995, 'Pipelines in the 1990's and Beyond,'Second International Conference on Pipeline Technology, pp. 1-9
- Estimation of Failure Probability Using Boundary Conditions of Failure Pressure Model of Buried Pipelines vol.270-273, pp.1662-9795, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.270-273.1688
- Reliability of Buried Pipeline Using a Theory of Probability of Failure vol.110, pp.1662-9779, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/SSP.110.221