- Volume 39 Issue 1
Super-absorbent hydrogel fiber was prepared from polyacrylonitrile(PAN)-based acrylic fiber by hydrolyzing its nitrile groups. Chemical reaction of PAN and physical properties of hydrolyzed acryl/cotton blended yarn were analyzed using FT-IR spectrophotometer, wide angle X-ray diffractometer, differential scanning calorimetry, universal testing machine, and static honestmeter to discuss nitrile group substitution mechanism, microstructure of the hydrolyzed fiber, and other physical properties. Most nitrile groups of PAN were hydrolyzed to ionic groups such as carboxyl group err And the crystalline phase of the acrylic fiber was disrupted to amorphous phase after processing, but the fiber retained its original shape. Water-absorption ratio and antistatic resistance of the hydrolyzed acryl/cotton blended yarn increased greatly, but tensile strength decreased by half.
- J. Membr. Sci. v.9 Effect of the Morphology of Hydrophilic Polymeric Matrices on the Diffusion and Release of Water Soluble Drugs R.W. Korsmeyer;N.A. Peppas
- U.K. Patent, 2,170,812A Hydrogel-forming Terpolymers Mathews Haddan & Co.
- Polymer Digest(JPN) v.7 Development and Application of Super Absorbent Resin Y. Toshihiko
- Polymer v.37 Water-soluble Copolymers: 66 Phase Transger Studies of Structural and Environmental Effects on Domain Organization in Aqueous Solutions of Hydrophobically Modified Poly(sodium maleate-alt-ethyl vinyl ether)s M.C. Kramer;J.R. Steger;Y. Hu;C.L. McCormick
- Japan Patent, 62-12922 ホ˚リアクリロニトリルホ˚リマ-の 水溶性 加水分解物の製造法 ウオルフ ウアルスロデアクチエソケゼルツャフト
- J. Korean Fiber Soc. v.33 Preparation of Cellulose Graft Copolymers as Super Water Absorbents(Ⅱ) J.P. Kim;S.P. Mun;S.B. Park;J.M. Rhee
- Polymer v.37 Kinetics of Water Swelling and Development of Porous Structure in Ionic Poly(acrylonitrile-acrylic acid) Hydrogels D.S.G. Hu;K.J.N. Chou
- Polymer Digest(JPN) v.9 高吸水性 樹脂の 展望 M. Fusayoshi
- Japan Patent, 53-46199 樹脂性 吸水, 保水劑 Snayo Kasei Co.
- ACS Polymer Preprints v.28 Polymers in Agriculture C.L. McCormick
- Japan Patent, 58-80374 地盤の 泥水 掘削工法 クラレ
- Japan Patent, 57-130543 高含水ユム 日本石油
- U.S. Patent, 3,981,100 Highly Absorbent Starch-containing Polymeric Compositions The Secretary of Agriculture
- Polymer Degradation and Stability v.62 Behaviour of Starch Bearing Nitrogen-Containing Moieties towards Acid Degradation F.F.E. Sisi;S.A. Abdel-Hafiz;A.R. Saleh;A. Hebeish
- Polymer v.37 Preparation of Bifunctional Macronet Polymers aving Both Strongly and Weakly Acidic Groups in One Step Gel-solution Transition of a Transformable Hydrogel A.G. Theodoropoulos;G.I. Theodosakis;G.N.V.D. Mamalis
- Text. Res. J. v.51 Soil-Release Properties of Acrylic Fabrics After Controlled Alkaline Treatments R.D. Mehta
- J. Korean Fiber Soc. v.28 Saponified Starch-g-Polyacrylonitrile Superabsorbents K.J. Yoon
- J. Membrane Sci. v.132 Loose Ultrafiltration of Proteins Using Hydrolyzed Polyacrylonitrile Hollow Fiber M.C. Yang;J.H. Tong